Nation Media Group
The largest media firm in East and Central Africa with outlets in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Rwanda.
Reporting to the Digital Operations Manager, the Web Developer will be responsible for back-end programming for websites; which includes setting up a web content management system (WCMS) as well as configuring and maintaining the publicly accessible websites.
The Web Developer will have the following responsibilities:
- Working closely with Project Managers and other members of the development team to develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure the timely completion of deliverables;
- Integrating design templates with Content Management System (CMS);
- Configuring web servers, application servers and databases;
- Developing web functionality and applications;
- Bug fixing and documenting;
- Running maintenance on databases and servers; and
- Working with diverse teams so as to develop the Digital business.
Qualifications, Experience & skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Experienced developer in more than 1 Object Oriented programming language – Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, C#/C++
- A clear understanding of MVC and MVC frameworks such as Spring/Laravel
- Understanding of HTTP protocol (method/response codes), REST/RESTful web services and SOAP
- Understanding of JSON or XML
- Basics of security and authorization frameworks such as OAUTH and API Keys
- Basics of a persistence framework like Spring/Hibernate
- Ability to access the best technology to use in a project;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Experience in working with a CMS will be an added advantage.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started