Affordable technology-powered diagnostics for Africa
Description – UI/UX Designer
Ilara was founded to bring diagnostic support and essential tests to patients and providers who currently are unable to access these basic life-saving tools. We partner with companies that are disrupting the diagnostic device landscape, integrate their devices into our tech platform, and offer this diagnostic package plus smart financing to health facilities in peri-urban areas across Africa. As a result, our facilities are now able to offer their patients essential tests through our affordable, tech-enabled, point of care (POC) diagnostic suite.
The suite of software services we are building as an overlay to the existing hardware-based platform will enable our facilities to reach a wider number of patients and drive patient engagement through what we call our closed loop patient management system. This system includes patient and provider portals, automated care programs based diagnostic device results, and a remote care platform for clinics.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced startup environment and have an opportunity to make a large impact on Ilara’s product development at an early stage. The work you do will have an impact on bringing better healthcare services to communities in peri-urban and rural areas of Kenya.
We’re all super passionate about the work we do, and are looking for people with a drive to make real change in the world!
What will you be working on?
We’re looking for a pragmatic, results driven UI/UX designer to join Ilara as our first designer! Ilara follows a human centred design approach and our team has spent hundreds of hours in the field speaking with our users. As we grow, we’re looking for someone who can own the design process by leading UX design studies, and by designing beautiful, intuitive user interfaces. You’ll work with the leadership team to define design projects to help us understand what we need to build, and how our products should be designed to meet user requirements.
NB: On your resume, add a link to your portfolio as well as your current and expected salary. Portfolio submissions are preferred but we will review all applications.
Responsibilities – UI/UX Designer
- Work with the leadership team to identify key areas where we need to gather more information from users
- Spend significant time in the field coordinating projects, gathering data, and speaking with users
- Plan and implement design projects such as user interviews, surveys and other design project methods
- Design and iterate on user interfaces for web and mobile
- Produce beautiful, intuitive user interfaces for our engineering team to implement
- You have 2+ years of experience as a UI, UX designer and/or product manager.
- Proven ability to design beautiful, responsive user interfaces for web and mobile
- Track record of using user research design to make product decision
- Strong background in prototyping, user research and human centred design
- Have experience applying analytical, data-driven decision making to design projects
- Experience working on real world design projects that are in product. Preferably worked on products being used at scale.
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment where you’ve integrated rapidly and pivoted quickly on your designs
- Entrepreneurial/business orientation
- Excited by taking the time to deeply understand a user base and applying that knowledge to develop products and services that serve a real need
- Some technical experience a bonus
If you want the position of internal systems automation admin, you should familiarize yourself with what Ilara Health has been up to. Click here to find out.
You can never be too prepared for an interview. To understand how to carry yourself better during an interview, click here.