The Next Era of AI Development
About the Job:
The Sama Product Team is building tools at the intersection of humans and AI/ML technology, enabling our teams to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, compassionate, and thoughtful UX Researcher who loves to take a human-centred approach in informing the design of tools and product features that result in a world-class product experience.
The UX researcher will be in charge of conducting UX research initiatives with our teams in EA, from exploratory research to evaluative user testing. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in making the voice of our users heard at every step of product development. As a UX research specialist based out of Nairobi, you will lead user testing, and qualitative and quantitative user research initiatives and constantly be involved with the teams in product to make sure we craft the best experience possible for our users. If you have strong experience in UX research and human-centred design, we want to have you onboard!
- Conduct user-focused studies across software product areas
- Utilizing methods such as ethnographic/field research, concept testing, card sorting, tree testing, surveys, usability testing (remote and in-person) etc.
- Organize, schedule and document user studies performed out of EA
- Analyze, and communicate UX research results to key stakeholders
- Generate tactical and strategic insights, as well as actionable recommendations from user research conducted.
- Support the team in establishing a UX research practice in East Africa
- Initiate UX studies and usability studies to validate our new features
- Growth mindset – Stay up-to-date on research, ideation and evaluation practices and tools that help the team deliver a world-class UX
- Build strong collaborative relationships across the diverse teams within the company, including with sales, engineering and executives
- Degree in user experience, human-centred design, human-computer interaction, sociology, psychology or a related field from a recognized university
- At least 2 years of experience in UX design or UX research roles
- Excellent interpersonal abilities and communication skills
- Excellent written & spoken English, presentation skills
- Experience in usability testing and user testing
- Experience using Figma, Miro or Mural (or any other design tools to prototype and conduct workshops)
- Experience with log analysis, sampling, and statistical analysis of survey or behavioural data
- Experience with survey and questionnaire design
- Experience running large-scale user experience research
- Experience running group workshops and design thinking sessions
Looking to sharpen your UI/UX design skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started