We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. #positiveimpact
Position Summary: UI/UX Specialist
Reporting to the Business Analysis Lead, this position will work with the Stakeholder Engagement team to ensure that the project team has a deep understanding of the end users and to seamlessly translate these insights to product design. Will work with the product and data solution architects to provide insights to influence product design and ensure that data is effectively used to creative tell visually compelling stories. The UX Specialist will work with the Business Analysis team to simplify requirements and concepts through user research tools and techniques. The UI/UX Specialist will also work with the Data Use team to influence information design decisions based on a clear understanding of user goals, the dimensions of the data, the data structures and the interaction required from the visualization.
The position is based in Palladium’s Kenya office, Nairobi.
The UI/UX Specialist will be reporting to the Business Analysis Lead.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, review, and assist in refining user requirements by partnering with the BA and Stakeholders.
- Engagement teams in collecting briefs and prioritizing business requirement questions.
- Design and conduct user research using methods such as participatory design sessions, facility/site visits, focus group discussions, benchmark studies, usability studies, heuristic evaluations, and similar approaches.
- Design prototypes, screen mockups, and wireframes based on user feedback and identify potential usability constraints and design opportunities.
- Work with the Data Analysis and Data Use team to design and develop visualization mockups and information products.
- Communicate with the Dev team to guide the translation of designs from concepts to code.
- Understanding of technical limitations as well as business strategies, goals, and back-end implementations with a knowledge of different technologies.
- Work with the QA team and Devs to develop and automate UX metrics to measure and track the impact of design changes on user experience.
- Train the project team on UX trends or best practices.
- Establish and maintain a project UX research library and toolkit.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Psychology, Information Technology, Graphic Design or any other relevant field.
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role.
- Portfolio of design projects.
- Proven experience working in an environment that adopts Design Thinking concepts and User Centered Experience.
- Deep understanding of user-centred design (UCD) and strong analytical abilities.
- Knowledge of wireframe and mockup tools.
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Suite, Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Zeplin, Miro etc.
- Team spirit: strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90-plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to discuss.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started