Nation Media Group
The largest media firm in East and Central Africa with outlets in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Rwanda.
Nation Media Group, the leading Multi-Media house in East and Central Africa is searching for a suitably qualified candidate for the position of UI/UX Designer & Developer in the Group IT Department. We invite candidates who are innovative, performance driven and possess excellent transferrable skills with a good track record of achievement in past roles.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product teams and developers.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images
- Understand the limitations of our tech stack and business model and provide technical advice wherever necessary.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a Design related course from a recognized institution;
- 3+ years experience as a front-end developer.
- 2+ years experience as a UI/UX designer.
- Expert knowledge of CSS, CSS extension languages (Less, Sass), and CSS preprocessor tools.
- Expert knowledge of HTML5 and its best practices.
- Expert knowledge of Grid frameworks and responsive design.
- Proficiency in designing interfaces and building clickable prototypes using Sketch/Adobe XD.
- Proficiency using Git version control.
- Proficiency in using the command line.
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organization;
- Ability to write complex reports; and
- Analytical skills.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started