Tezza Business Solutions
Tezza Business Solutions Ltd is an IT service provider of Software Development, Quality Assurance, Software Testing, and Digital Marketing service
Test Automation Engineer – The Job Role
Objective: The Test Automation Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a scalable test automation framework. This framework will support automated test script creation for applications on a variety of platforms such as Web, Mobile, desktop, etc. This role will also be responsible for transforming testing into a continuous and efficient end-to-end quality engineering function through quality processes, tools, and methodologies significantly improving control, accuracy and integrity.
Test Automation Engineer – Responsibilities
- Design, Develop and maintain test automation framework using Selenium and Appium
- Design and implement modular and reusable automated testing solutions that satisfy testing requirements.
- Design and implement re-usable Automation test scripts using industry standard tools (HP QTP/UFT, SeeTest, Appium, and/or open source tool).
- Design, write, develop and execute tests for business requirements that are scalable, repeatable and measurable.
- Participate in design and development of automated test cases for Mobile and Web Applications.
- Develop optimized Selenium scripts for regression testing with various data sources, environment variables, and configuration files
- Setup, configure, and maintain the automated testing environments
- Develop various function libraries
- Develop and maintain test scripts that automate testing of enterprise applications through the entire product life cycle
- Develop and execute project tasks and plans that meet time lines and release requirements.
- Follow testing schedule and communicate testing progress.
- Perform deliverables tracking and reporting as assigned.
- Produce reports and documentation for all automated testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking.
- Monitor progress of testing efforts to ensure deadlines are met.
- Perform functional testing based on user requirements
- Implement end-to-end automation
- Support DevOps implementations
- Support automation assessment
- Support tool research, analysis and selection
- Identify and analyse suitable opportunities for test automation
- Build robust and flexible software tools to automate test equipment including by hands on testing with real hardware
- Investigate data and source code to identify and debug issues at the system level and propose robust solution.
Technologies to be Used:
- Selenium and Appium
- MS Project
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- VB/VB Script
- C/C++ /Python/Ruby
- Java Script
- Test complete/Robot Framework
Test Automation Engineer – Person Specification
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Information technology, Information technology, Computer Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related courses
- Previous experience as a test automation Engineer with hands- on quality assurance work with web-based applications
- Excellent mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented
- Testing web/ e-commerce applications constructed using modern frameworks such as React, node, typescript and related technologies
- Familiarity with emerging web platform best practices, including progressive web applications, service workers, network optimization and performance optimization
- Minimum of 2 years excellent Java programming and debugging skills, including experience with test automation tools and libraries such as selenium, TestNG, Jest, Jscript, VBScript, Junit and JMeter.
- Secure API testing experience.
- Knowledge of SQL queries and GUI design standards, especially as they relate to test automation object recognition.
- Skilled in the following testing toolsets: HP Suite (QTP, Service Test) , Selenium, Appium.
- Knowledgeable in Automated Testing, TDD and BDD
- Strong understanding and experience working with Object Repository and Database concepts
- Experience working with Mobile application automation on both iOS or Android platform.
- Strong background in functional testing and software quality best practices with the ability to design and develop comprehensive automated test strategy, test cases, and test scripts.
- Strong background in reviewing business and functional requirements in order to produce test strategies and test cases.
- Proficiency with programming and/or scripting and in depth understanding of object oriented design.
- Knowledge of working with version control such as GIT and CI Tools such as Jenkins
- Ability to:
- Work effectively in a group development environment
- Take initiative; be a self-starter
- Manage time efficiently
- Listen attentively and be able to grasp basic technical information
- English Language Competency and effective communication skills
- Can clearly and concisely communicate in English so that persons you work with understand you clearly, particularly in technical conversations
Looking to sharpen your Business Automation skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.