Drive Excellence in Technology Innovation in Africa
We are currently hiring a Technical Product Manager to join our Insurance team and be responsible for the product strategy & roadmap.
- Build effective relationships with key internal business, operations, IT, product, design and external partner teams.
- Stakeholder Management: strategy, tactical execution, communications, etc. Work collaboratively with C-level executives, Product owners and other key stakeholders in the organization.
- Lead the definition of product requirements using input from various sources including external sources such as market trends, technology innovations, industry standards, bold intelligence, and customer research, as well as internal sources such as analytics, marketing, operations, and customer feedback.
- Manage feature prioritization & trade-off decision making in collaboration with other Technical Product Managers, business & engineering teams and ensure alignment of business goals with the incremental delivery of solutions.
- Lead the design and conceptualization of the customer experience including the look & feel of the customer journeys, development of functional designs and wireframes, creation of product collateral, and user interfaces.
- Ensure delivery of scalable, reliable, and maintainable platforms and solutions.
- Assess the business impact of different solutions and the trade-offs between customer needs, technology requirements and costs.
- Work closely with peer Technical Product Managers across all products and channels capabilities to prioritize initiatives, share insights on customer demands, identify opportunities for teamwork, and coordinate product development and delivery.
- Serve as a product evangelist & subject matter expert to the technical/developer community.
- Ensure Knowledge Transfer and hand off to Support teams and users.
- Assess & address all delivery risks.
- Define success criteria for product acceptance.
- Demonstrated leadership, maturity, and organizational abilities.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal & collaboration skills with demonstrated ability to use diplomacy & communication skills to influence outcomes and influence others without authority.
- Experience and expertise in project planning, including product definition, feature prioritization, trade-off processes, and roadmap creation for insurance products.
- Strong analytical skills with hands on experience in conducting technological analyses of business problems developing technical roadmaps, story outlines, writing user stories, refining product backlogs, and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Ability to work across geographies, understand the diverse cultures and manage people and partners cross culturally is a must.
- Ability to work independently, without the need for day-to-day guidance, make independent decisions and influence positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience leading a team of Technical Product Managers and maintain an organized oversight of specific product delivery schedules to ensure the proper balance of speed, features, timing, and integration with other functions, in tight coordination with Program and Project Management
- Ability to set expectations and hold individuals and team members accountable to their commitments.
- Experience with Design Thinking or similar empathy-driven customer-focused design methodologies.
- Insurance experience is a MUST.
- Customer-centric mindset with a passion for discovering consumer behaviour, trends, and opportunities for innovation.
- Business Analysis experience in a high-tech company a plus.
- Basic understanding of programming languages, software architecture, data analytics, MI reporting etc.
- Keeps up with industry trends.
Technical Product Manager – General Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, engineering or related field required. MBA will be an added advantage.
- 6+ years’ experience as a technical product management or similar role related to product creation and management, in financial services, retail banking or related field.
Looking to sharpen your Project Management skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for more information