Elastic teams delivering digital outcomes.
About this role
As the Technical Lead – CI/CD, you will be joining the Platforms team within Enterprise Digital and be responsible for our CI/CD squad, whose goal is to make life for the development teams in other parts of the business easier by providing a set of low-friction, fully managed cloud capabilities and abstracting these complexities away from the developer – allowing them to focus on code and not infrastructure.
The CI/CD squad specialises in creating modularized enterprise-grade plug-and-play CI/CD capabilities for teams with IAC (Infrastructure as Code) using non-traditional tools such as Pulumi and implementing tooling that allows developers to develop and deploy to the cloud faster and securely.
As a polyglot and hands-on engineering manager, your code will lead by example, and your teams will look up to you for strategic and technical leadership. As the Technical Lead – CI/CD, you will be a confident solutions designer, able to communicate complex ideas clearly at various levels of the organization and skilled in working with multi-skilled teams to develop workable solutions.
- Be a consultant for multiple teams; your deep hands-on experience with multiple build and deployment approaches, patterns, and architectures means that you can advise both external teams and your team as to the best way to implement a solution
- Lead, grow and hire a team of engineers that develop best-in-breed CI/CD tooling and IAC capabilities that allow developers to go from idea to production in 12 minutes or less
- Create and lead strategy for a roadmap that caters to the needs of the business and developers
- Remove manual implementation from workflows and look to automate as much as possible
- Provide mentorship and career support for the members of your teams – maximising their potential
- Agile champion for your teams, taking pride in a metrics-based organisation that looks to improve itself continually
We’re looking for passionate technologists who enjoy working in collaborative, agile teams. You’ll need to be a clear, concise & engaging communicator with people on your team. We enjoy the big picture and the details; we want people who excel at both.
- Extensive experience with CI/CD pipelines and technologies in a commercial environment, building, maintaining and delivering to production. Ideally, experience with Jenkins and Gitlab
- Hands-on software engineering experience delivering and managing software in production in a commercial setting, ideally in enterprise environments
- Extensive experience building software products in Typescript
- Team leadership experience, where you were responsible for career growth and mentorship of team members
- Experience with agile systems development methodologies
- Hands-on experience with AWS – desirable to have an AWS Certification
- Passion for automation with a reluctance for manual implementation
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started