Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
Reporting to the Vice President for Technical Engagement, the Technical Engagement Specialist will support Technical Engagement activities at a regional level in coordination with other regional engagement functions of ICANN, particularly the Global Stakeholder Engagement and Government Engagement teams. While working closely with the entire team of the Office of the Chief Technical Officer’s (OCTO), this role implies an active involvement in delivery of technical training and capacity building program across the region.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Relay and support Technical Engagement opportunities in the region in coordination with Regional Stakeholder Engagement (GSE) and Government Engagement (GE) teams.
- Promote the Security, Stability and Resiliency best practices for the Internet’s systems of unique identifiers in the region.
- Coordinate, plan and deliver training and capacity building programs across the region in line with the regional engagement strategy.
- Monitor published technical documents, blogs, social media postings, etc., and relay relevant and significant content to the regional community.
- Contribute to processes for consulting and collecting inputs from internal and external technical stakeholders at the regional level. This includes contributing to regional strategy development processes.
- Maintain all necessary equipment and materials relevant to an effective delivery and measurement of training and capacity building activities.
- Liaise with regional Communications, Global Stakeholders Engagement (GSE) and Government Engagement (GE) teams to identify capacity building needs and effectively communicate key ICANN technical messages.
- Follow-up on execution of technical cooperation agreements with partner organizations or third parties.
- Monitor regional technical events calendars and identify events where ICANN technical mission/work can be promoted, and coordinate with Speaker Bureau to secure participation as appropriate.
- Contribute to the regular and consolidated Technical Engagement reporting process.
- Relay technical topics that need close attention and/or a formal position from ICANN to the Vice President for Technical Engagement.
- Support any other activities as identified by the Vice President for Technical Engagement.
- Study publications, periodicals, mailing lists, and other news sources to stay informed of relevant changes in the Internet industry and apply that knowledge to work.
- Ensure the production of a report after every training event within four (4) weeks after the conclusion of the event.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Excellent understanding of the Internet Protocol (IPv4 & IPv6) technology and associated services such as DNS, DNSSEC, WHOIS, and other relevant protocols and technologies.
- Be a seasoned facilitator and trainer capable of imparting knowledge and skills to meet ICANN technical capacity building objectives.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts, particularly those related to the operation of the Internet.
- Good understanding of ICANN’s technical ecosystem.
- General understanding of the Internet Governance ecosystem.
- Sound judgment, diplomatic skills, and tact when interacting with various stakeholders.
- General project management skills including the ability to effectively manage multiple projects with overlapping tasks.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills, including the ability to work and interact in a highly diverse, multi-cultural, and globally distributed team.
- Ability to remotely coordinate project/work with team members using online tools.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex and sometimes controversial information, concepts, policies or positions, both verbally and in writing, to internal and external audiences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Google Apps services.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with study in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in a technology driven organization
- Minimum three (3) years of operational experience in Internet services delivery
- Experience in delivering technical training
- Prior international experience is strongly preferred along with working for a Community driven Organization
- Experience within an Internal Technical Coordination Organization strongly preferred.
- Candidate must be based in the particular region where this job is located, preferably in country where ICANN already has presence.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
- Fluent written and spoken language skills in any of the other official United Nations languages is strongly preferred.
Technical Engagement Specialist – Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively within the region and internationally.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands and arms to reach, handle or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Looking to sharpen your Project Management skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for more information