The Palladium Group
We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. #positiveimpact
Our Data, Informatics, and Analytical Solutions (DIAS) group is made of three portfolios that strengthen and harness digital and data ecosystems to accelerate development investments and outcomes: 1- Information Systems (IS), 2- Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Analytics (MELA) and 3- Digital Solutions and Transformation (DST).
Palladium is seeking a Technical Advisor, Business Analyst to support the Information Systems portfolio’s technical delivery of informatics solutions on projects across the company. The Technical Advisor, Business Analyst will work with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure that digital solutions are designed and delivered to the correct principles and standards, delivering the value that the business needs while ensuring alignment with our technology strategy. This includes contributing to the development and delivery of ‘fit-for-purpose solutions that consider all needs of the solution, including the non-functional considerations such as the standards, security, stability, supportability, and sustainability.
This position is based in Palladium’s Nairobi, Kenya, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia or Washington, DC office.
You and Your Career:
If you are a problem-solver, collaborator, and doer, and you have expertise in information systems development we are interested in hearing from you.
We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career!
Reporting and Supervision:
- This position will report directly to the Senior Manager, Governance & Architecture
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate business processes, analyse requirements, and uncover areas for improvement
- Determine, develop, and document user requirements for supported solutions
- Develop and successfully deliver stakeholder engagement strategy to support Business Analysis and Quality Assurance.
- Lead the development and execution of Business Analysis and quality assurance strategies
- Develop system front-end design plans and documentation based on user requirements
- Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and mockups using design and prototyping tools e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, moqups, InVision
- Participate as an early team member, contributing to the design of critical pages, interactions, and user experience elements
- Plan for and co-ordinate user-side quality assurance and testing procedures including the identification of bugs, issues, and new requirements
- Validate that requirement and user expectations are achieved during the testing process
- Support the development of systems documentation
- Participate in business development initiatives and product development company-wide
Key Competencies Required:
- Relevant experience in BA, UI/UX and QA
- Experience in deployment and implementation of large-scale software projects in LMIC’s
- Adequate experience in human-centred UI/UX Design for large-scale data-driven software systems that support health or social development programs
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Excellent software troubleshooting skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate and balance priorities of multiple projects and deliverables
Professional Expertise/Competencies Preferred:
- Previous work on international development projects
- Ability to remain up to date on all current best practices, trends, and industry developments
- Ability to maintain a high standard of work quality
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to moderate and facilitate multidisciplinary meetings
- Ability to travel regionally and globally on short notice
- Experience working with global good products such as OpenMRS, OpenHIM and DHIS2 will be an added advantage
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started