We're a tech-driven, #sustainable #forestry company on a mission to revolutionize the wood industry in #Africa with our disruptive #farmer platform
About this role
What you’ll do
- Create a technical strategy and systems roadmap, and deliver it with limited guidance. Manage and own technical architecture decisions that affect different business units and lead in designing, implementing, and rolling out integrated business systems.
- Provide technical leadership through collaboration with other business units, users, and stakeholders. You’ll develop new systems and enhance existing systems.
- Manage the end-to-end software release process (CI/CD), including moving from source code check-ins to building changes, testing changes, deploying those changes, and tracking issues.
- Solve complex data architecture issues creatively by simplifying systems, optimizing processes, and removing bottlenecks. You will also support decisions as Komaza’s technical subject matter expert by balancing technical trade-offs between short-term team needs and long-term business needs.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement in key technical and process areas, championing innovations within our business systems.
- Support the migration of legacy systems and data integration and ensure technology adoption through proper change management practices and communications.
- Partner with other stakeholders and security engineers to strengthen our security landscape by reviewing and implementing improvements conformant to secure coding standards that adhere to different regulatory requirements.
- Support the execution of the Business Continuity Management (BCM) framework.
Tech Lead – What you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or any other related field.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in leading the design and development of integrated systems, building and delivering complex software systems to customers.
- 4+ years of programming experience with at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Python, C++, Java, or C#, preferably Python.
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Experience in the design of web API services across multiple applications with real-time data visibility and integration to SaaS applications.
- Experience working with SQL databases and ORM (Object Relational Mapping) to design a multi-tier system architecture comprising an application layer, logic layer, and data layer.
- Extensive experience with Cloud/ SaaS architectures on either AWS (Preferred), MS Azure, or Google Cloud Compute, and knowledge on how to build secure, maintainable, scalable, high-availability services. Experience in microservices preferred.
- Experience with source control and continuous integration tools. Preferably, GIT for source control and Jenkins/Ansible for continuous integration, and Jira for issue tracking.
You are also
- Excellent at communicating with stakeholders across the different business levels
- Positive, energetic self-starter with a high level of personal drive and resilience
- A people person and a great team leader
- Able to adapt to fluid, rapidly changing environments
- A meticulous individual with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started