Dimension Data harnesses the trans-formative power of technology to help organisations achieve great things in the digital era.
About the job
NTT is hiring for the position of Systems Engineer – Cybersecurity.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, build, deliver, and operate Cybersecurity solutions to meet client requirements.
- Document the proposed technology solution.
- Document the statement of work along with all labour requirements.
- Work with the Client Manager to prepare the pricing format that will be supplied to the customer.
- Perform the actual solution design and prepare a parts list outlining solution components/equipment to be provided.
- Develop and manage a proof-of-concept as such may be required.
- Engage all technical resources required for an accurate solution design.
- Document all deliverables and what constitutes a successful completion.
- Verify the proposal’s accuracy and sign off on the final documents to be presented to the client.
- Assist the Client Manager during the final presentation to the client as appropriate.
- Provide documentation for solutions delivered to clients.
- Work with project managers and other delivery teams to ensure that solutions provided to customers are delivered within specified timelines.
- Highlight risks, provide alternative options, and recommend quality solutions to specified problems.
- Where feasible, use automation to reduce delivery time and human intervention on repetitive tasks
- Act as subject matter expert on a variety of technologies within the enterprise Cyber security portfolio
- Guide on change management on change management when integrating solutions provided to customers
- Guide and/mentor junior engineers
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Design, implementing, administering, and strong troubleshooting experience in the following:
- Next-generation enterprise firewalls (Cisco FTD, Checkpoint, Fortinet, Palo Alto), Network Access Controls (Cisco ISE, FortiNAC).
- Web Application Firewalls (F5), Web and Email Security Systems (Cisco WSA, ESA), Cloud Security Systems (Cloudgaurd, Prisma), SIEM/SOAR (FortiSiem, Cortex) will be an advantage
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, protocols, and architectures (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANS, routing, etc.) Familiarity with network security technologies and solutions.
- In-depth understanding of Zero Trust Network Access.
- Knowledge of network programmability and automation will be advantageous.
- Good understanding and appreciation of technical design and business principles
- Ability to create accurate diagrams and documentation for designing and deploying Cybersecurity systems.
- Experience in carrying out security assessments and reporting/recommendation writing.
- Experience presenting solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in multi-vendor Security products and solutions and understanding of industry best practices.
- Demonstrate Client engagement skills.
- Previous experience in technical proposal writing
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Team player
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
The Systems Engineer – Cybersecurity role has the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field of study
- At least 3-4 years in the enterprise cybersecurity field
- Cisco Professional-level Certification i.e., CCNP Security
- Expert level network security certification i.e., Checkpoint CCSE, Fortinet NSE7 (enterprise firewall), Palo Alto PCNSE
- DevOps certification experience in scripting and network automation will be an added advantage.
- Relevant industry-standard certifications, (e.g. ISO 27001, SABSA, TOGAF, ITIL, COBIT, etc.) would be advantageous.
Want to be a part of our team? Dimension Data is a proud member of the NTT Group, a global IT powerhouse headquartered in Japan. As part of NTT, we deliver a wide range of IT services and solutions to clients around the world. Although the Dimension Data brand was retired in some parts of the world in 2019, it remains well-recognized in the Middle East and Africa. Join us and become part of the NTT family as we continue to provide innovative solutions that help our clients achieve their business objectives.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started