Wise & Agile Solutions
Provider of consulting services on Business Process Management and ERP Implementations.
About the job
The role of System Administrator requires the applicant to have excellent problem-solving skills, strong technical knowledge of software systems and applications, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. They should also have excellent communication skills to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to non-technical stakeholders and have experience in software development life cycle methodologies. Additionally, the ability to adapt to new software technologies and learn quickly is essential in this role.
- Experience in deployment and troubleshooting of PHP (Laravel/ code igniter/ vanilla) and DotNet applications.
- Maintenance of live software applications.
- Set up dependencies for the applications.
- Configuring and managing software integration with other systems and applications.
- Set up and planning of new and existing networks.
- Troubleshooting and repair of troubles on existing network
- Expansion and scaling of existing network
- Understanding of network devices (Switches, Routers, Firewall, Cabling)
- Deep understanding of iptables, routes and network architecture.
- Good in the testing of applications
- Experience in deployment of various application types with emphasis on (DotNet apps, Laravel, CodeIgniter and pure PHP apps)
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of ERP apps (especially SAGE) will be considered a bonus.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot problems in hardware, software, networks etc.
- Ability to come up with and implement architecture-related problems on live apps.
- Ability to duplicate live systems for testing and try runs.
- Installation and configuration of database servers (MSSQL, MySQL, Pervasive SQL and Postgres SQL)
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution of existing database systems.
- Security and performance analysis for DBMS with problem-solving expertise.
- Basic database backup and recovery experience.
Computer Systems Management:
- Ability to manage various systems with minimum requirements being; Linux Server setup (especially Ubuntu), Windows (Server and Desktop versions)
- Virtual machines setup with NAT designing and deployment.
- Ability to use terminal/CLI where applicable.
- Setup and recovery of computer systems
- Performance and security enforcement on computer systems.
- Mail server setup and management
- Proper interpersonal skills to deal with clients.
- Experience in training and explaining concepts to non-technical people.
- Confidentiality to protect the privacy and data of clients.
- Ability to work on demand (Emergency response on system and app failure)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or related field
- 2+ years’ experience as System Administrator
- System Engineer certification
- Strong analytical skills
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started