Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
KRA is the principal government revenue collection agency.
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) is the principal revenue collector for the Government of Kenya with the primary goal of delivering Kenya to financial self-sufficiency through effective tax revenue mobilization. KRA is seeking a result-oriented, self-driven individual of high integrity to fill the position of Supervisor (ICT) – Solution Developer which is domiciled at the Corporate Support Services Department
Purpose of the job:
The Supervisor ICT – Solution Developer will oversee the development and delivery of business solutions and enhancements.
Key Responsibilities of the job:
- Develop new quality solutions by conducting unit tests, to automate business processes in conformity with approved System Change Requests (SCRs)
- Diagnose complex application issues and provide guidance and support to developers
- Development of quality documentation for solutions implemented (User manuals, Technical manuals, deployment instructions, rollback instructions, etc.)
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
- Implementation of Performance, Audit and Integrity programmes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or any other IT-related field from a recognized university.
- Certification in any of the following; ITIL, COBIT, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Linux administrator SAP ABAP certification, web services such as REST, SOAP, SAP ABAP, SAP FICO and SAP HCM.
- Project Management certification is an added advantage
- Membership in a recognized IT-related professional body.
- Minimum three (3) years experience as a software developer in a large or busy organization with at least one (1) year in programming and /or systems analysis applying agile frameworks
- Proven experience in the design, development and implementation of enterprise business systems.
- Experience in the design and development of systems for tax administration is an added advantage
- Proven experience in the integration of business systems in a similar large organization
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Proactivity and strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started