A Better Deal. Every Stay.
About the job
Vio.com believes travel is the one thing that opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to GET EVERY TRAVELLER THE BEST ACCOMMODATION DEAL, WORLDWIDE.
We are looking for a Staff Backend Engineer to join Vio.com ‘s Meta Integrations team and help us in our expansion to different meta channels, in the identification and delivery of the best deals to different Meta channels, and ensure that our customers will get the best deal.
We are working with a modern stack consisting of Go, Python, Rust, AWS (ElastiCache, StepFunctions, EC2, S3, etc.), Redis, DBT, Snowflake, Terraform, and more.
We encourage people from all ethnic groups, genders, sexualities, ages, and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
What you will do
- Work in a team to solve challenging problems, and build products to help bring our travellers the best deals available in the market.
- Identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvements regarding performance, reliability, and code quality.
- Write design documents and participate in architecture meetings with the team, having the goal of future-proofing the team’s applications.
- Knowledge sharing: Mentor and support less experienced engineers.
- Help to improve our infrastructure and scale it to support our growth in a cost-effective way.
- You will report to the Engineering Manager of the squad
Who you are:
The Staff Backend Engineer role has the following requirements:
- You have at least 7 years of experience in backend development
- You have experience with at least two programming languages such as Go, Rust, Python, Java or Scala, or Ruby; with at least 1 year of production experience with Golang
- You have hands-on experience with designing, developing, and shipping highly scalable software
- You have experience working with data products and setting up data pipelines.
- You have experience with distributed systems
- You have experience with AWS, Terraform, and CI/CD tools.
- You write tests as part of your coding routine.
- You are familiar with Agile Methodologies.
- You treat documentation as a first-class citizen.
What we offer:
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture that values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- Excellent company culture, work across a highly committed and long-term focused team that shares the rewards of success alongside you
- A good compensation package includes significant stock appreciation rights.
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely.
- You will be part of a highly international team that enjoys working, eating & travelling together in one of the best office locations in Amsterdam
- We enjoy getting together to celebrate our wins with company events in Amsterdam and abroad
- A budget for your dream home office, relocation & work visa in The Netherlands for you and your family
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started