Teach For All
Teach For All | A Global Network. Developing collective leadership to ensure all children can fulfill their potential.
To advance Teach For All’s 25-year vision and intended outcomes, we are seeking a full-stack solutions engineer to join our Technology & Innovation team and work globally to identify and implement transformative technology solutions to accelerate the impact of our global network. This opportunity is for an initial three-year contract with the possibility for further extension(s).
This role will work across the network with partners or groups of partners in order to identify and deliver transformative technology products to accelerate network impact, as well as internally across the global organization to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our work. The successful candidate will also be responsible for building a community of technology enthusiasts across the network made up of network staff members, fellows and alumni who will contribute to these projects.
About the Team
The Technology & Innovation Team provides thought leadership and solutions as well as foundational support in the use of technology to unlock potential and accelerate impact across the organization and the global network. The team leverages a deep understanding of the work and needs of the global organization, its teams and partners, our own expertise and global best practice to provide targeted solutions and technologies to accelerate our global impact. You will play a key role in this work.
- Identifying and delivering key technologies for network partners to support their work. These may include tools for common needs across the network (classroom data collection, professional development of fellows, scheduling and management of Assessment Centers (where teaching fellows are selected) or new platforms (connectivity tools, online learning) which are identified and scoped in partnership with our network partners.
- Similarly, identifying and delivering technology solutions to increase the impact of the global organization. This could include improvements to our learning portals for network staff, fellows and alumni, an online platform enabling teachers and teacher coaches across and beyond our network to engage in our global professional development learning community, or a new global “constituent voice” system that enables all our network partners to surface feedback from key constituents in ways that strengthen global learning loops.
- Integration of key Teach For All systems to increase data flow and use, allowing us to track our constituent engagement more successfully and better learn from our multiple data sources. Potential systems to be integrated – Salesforce, Event Management Platforms, Learning Management Systems, Zoom, Slack.
- Creation and maintenance of internal tools to increase efficiency and effectiveness of global org staff, including data manipulation and visualization, internal communications tools, etc.
As the Solutions Engineer- Technology and Innovation, you will perform the following and/or similar activities:
- Working across network partners and internal stakeholders to build context and identify key potential technology solutions to accelerate the impact.
- Developing a responsive and evolving strategy to prioritize and develop these key technologies, working closely with the Technology & Innovation team and key senior stakeholders to invest them in the strategy
- Providing regular updates internally and externally regarding progress, and regularly revisiting the modifying the solutions strategy as needs change
Requirements Gathering, Analysis and Execution
- Gathering requirements for prioritized projects through stakeholder interviews and discussion, ensuring that all projects are accessible, inclusive of the various needs of the network and sustainable beyond the 3-year length of this role
- Synthesizing requirements and developing holistic solutions to meet the needs of your stakeholders, ensuring that key needs and requirements are met within the project and budgetary constraints
- Working both individually and collaboratively across the Technology & Innovation team and any external vendors or collaborators needed to develop and deliver prioritized solutions
- Ensuring that end users are trained and supported along with the Technology & Innovation Operations team
- Identifying key metrics and measures of success, and reporting on those throughout the phases of each project
- Identifying and managing key improvements through user and stakeholder interviews
Community Building and Management
- Developing a community of technology enthusiasts across the network, and working with key stakeholders internally and throughout the network to share best practices and amplify the impact of community members
- Where possible, involving the community members in the development of the technology solutions identified as part of the three-year strategy
- Encouraging and supporting community-developed solutions
As the ideal candidate, you will bring:
- Computer Science or related degree and/or equivalent years of formal training and experience
- 5+ years of relevant working experience and a portfolio of work
- Web development experience, preferably including familiarity with Drupal or other PHP-based site development
- REST-based API development experience
- Data manipulation/wrangling, including Python and Google Cloud
- Comfort and experience in engaging with new technologies
- Participation in open-source development projects and communities
- An understanding of working with technology in bandwidth-constrained environments
- Passion for Education and Ed Tech
- History of driving technology projects from inception to delivery
- Strong business analyst skills, communications skills and ability to manage multiple diverse stakeholders
- Sensitivity to diversity in backgrounds and beliefs (e.g., racial, cultural, socioeconomic, political, etc.)
- Deeply committed to the mission, vision and values of Teach For All
What Teach For All Offers:
- Commitment to cultivating a culture in which all staff members feel they belong, are valued for their contributions and have an impact on our organization’s progress
- Professional and personal development experiences and ample opportunities to make a positive impact on the work of Teach For All and beyond
- Comprehensive benefits package designed for your well-being and work-life needs
- All roles are 100% remote; in some locations, we offer the option for in-office collaborations
- Generous time off and flexible work arrangements
- And much more!
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started