NTT DATA Services' consultative approach and deep industry expertise delivers practical and scalable IT solutions to accelerate your digital journey.
The primary responsibility of the Solutions Architect – Manager Services is to consult with the client and work with internal teams to create strategies, transformational designs and the architectural vision for complex solutions that address the client’s needs. They provide multi-technology consulting services on all aspects of application software, infrastructure and related technology components.
The Solutions Architect – Managed Services provides primarily pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions. Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare
detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions. The Solutions Architect – Managed Services may create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions. May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate the feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for a client. May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation.
Working at NTT
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Listen /elicit customer requirements and document the user/customer story.
- Contributes to the development of solution architectures in specific business, infrastructure, or functional areas.
- Identifies and evaluates alternative architectures and the trade-offs in cost, performance and scalability.
- Produces specifications of cloud-based or on-premises components, tiers and interfaces, for translation into detailed designs using selected services and products.
- Supports a change programme or project through the preparation of technical plans and application of design principles that comply with enterprise and solution architecture standards.
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution.
- Monitors the external environment to gather intelligence on emerging technologies.
- Creates reports and technology roadmaps and shares knowledge and insights with others.
- Design components using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed architectures, design standards, patterns and methodology.
- Creates multiple design views to address the concerns of the different stakeholders of the architecture and to handle both functional and non-functional requirements, including proof of concept (POC).
- Reviews verifies and improves own designs against specifications.
- Contribute to the development of new go-to-market services and contribute knowledge on relevant verticals.
- Operate across both the technical levels within the enterprise architecture and the value chain to develop holistic and integrated solutions.
- Work with commercial Architects to develop a cost /contract term.
Knowledge, skills and attributes
- Solid knowledge of multi-vendor service integrations and cross-functional software, OS and infrastructure designs
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledgeable on how specific infrastructures and application software are deployed in line with relevant methodologies and frameworks
- Ability to develop and leverage their knowledge of reference architectures
- Ability to maintain knowledge of trends and development in technology domains.
- A hunter with superb communication Skills
Academic qualifications and certifications:
- Tertiary level – bachelor’s with 7 yrs. experience; or post-graduate degree with at least 3 years experience in a consulting capacity/working in a vendor/ partner environment.
- Experience in sales of platform-based managed services is a distinct advantage.
- Practitioner certificates with reputable global cloud services providers such as AWS, Google, and Microsoft.
- Certification and working knowledge of ITIL, Service Management and Integration, Business Analysis -CBAP
- Scaled Agile certification/Scrum /PRINCE 2
- TOGAF certification will be an added advantage.
- Solid professional technical, IT or Operations experience within a large-scale (preferably multi-national) technology services environment in the following areas: Software Development, Application Support and Infrastructure Support
- Some Project or Program Management experience is preferred.
- Proven client engagement and consulting experience coupled with solid experience in client needs assessment and change management.
- Proven experience in integrating the solution for the project with the business domain, enterprise concerns, industry standards, established patterns and best practices.
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Additional Job Description
- Seasoned and experienced professional
- Has full understanding of specialisation area
- Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Fully qualified, career level, career journey-orientated • Uses good judgement in selecting tools and methods to solve problems
- Networks with senior internal and external people in their area of expertise
- Receives little instruction on day-to-day work, receives general instructions on new assignments
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started