Sharing news, research, blogs, podcasts, and more from Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
About the Department
Deloitte East Africa has a well-versed strategy and operations team under our Consulting Department that is uniquely positioned to support the strategic agenda of our clients in the key domains of growth, business improvement & optimization, and strategic transformation. The wide spectrum of capabilities, thought leadership and experience are underpinned by the Deloitte platform of executable strategy and innovation for growth.
Our unique strategic planning approach and capability allows executive teams to understand the future and create growth and aspirational viewpoints about the possibility in their markets and organizations.
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our Consulting – Enterprise Technology and Performance as a Solution Engineer – MuleSoft API Integration Developer.
Main purpose of the job
The Solution Engineer – MuleSoft API Integration Developer will support Deloitte Consulting – Enterprise Technology and Performance team in introducing, developing, implementing, optimizing, and maintaining cloud-based solutions, specifically cloud integration platforms. You will be in direct dialogue with our clients and be responsible for developing customized solution approaches for architecture, process, deployment, and products around the integration space. This position will be based in our Nairobi office in Kenya.
What you will do
- Development of APIs and building a consistent future-proof base.
- Accompanying customers in the integration of their systems using the most modern cloud integration platform MuleSoft.
- Advising customers on API design and architecture and implementing the solutions developed.
- Defining the architecture, processes, and deployment.
- Close coordination with architects, development teams and customers.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field.
- 3 years of programming experience.
- Experience working as part of a software development team.
- Sound knowledge and skills in programming languages and related technologies (e.g. Java, JSON, XML, REST/SOAP) and integration solutions (e.g. API, ETL, ESB).
- Experience and know-how regarding integration platforms as a service (e.g. MuleSoft, Dell Boomi).
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge of event technologies (e.g., Kafka, Solace).
- A certification such as ‘MuleSoft Certified Developer (m/f/d) – Level 1’ is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Command Line Interface (CLI) in Linux, MacOS or any other Unix system is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the use and deployment of various HyperScalers is an added advantage (e.g., AWS, Azure etc).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Effective problem-solving ability.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
Influence – Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
Performance drive – Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador Inspirational.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started