WorldRemit, a better way to send money.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Software Test Engineer that approaches Test Automation and feature validation with an engineering mindset. Working closely with our Product organization, you should be comfortable creating test plans for new features and implementing thorough automated tests before we roll new features out to customers. As the Software Test Engineer, you will also work with Developers and Product Managers to plan and carry out the regression testing and rollout process for releases. This will include handling bugs that are found and ensuring they are resolved.
What you will own:
Reporting to the Test Engineering Manager, you will:
Working with your team to test features before they get in front of our customers:
- Understanding and refining Acceptance Criteria with product from Specification Documents.
- Implementing and maintaining detailed automated tests using a Python test framework
- Testing “unhappy” paths in our App to identify errors or bugs in our flows, UI and translations.
- Working with vendors, Growth and Support to manage our App translations as we add new countries.
Working with other backend engineers to:
- Automate as much of our testing as possible to prevent regressions from occurring.
- Working with our platform engineers to make it easy to set up one-off environments for new features to be tested by beta users.
Paying attention to our telemetry to spot trends and gaps in the way our system behaves.
Above all else, you should be an engineer and approach testing with an engineering mindset. Your goal should be to lower the number of defects that get in front of our users, not simply squash bugs as they come up.
Working with Developers and Product Managers to facilitate our regression testing and rollout process for software releases.
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience, ideally in a high-growth, rapidly changing environment with a focus on testing and automation.
- A strong preference for folks familiar with testing with mobile clients and rest backends.
- Solid understanding of Python or another scripting language. Our Mobile test framework is fully Python, and our backend is 95% Python.
- Experience with testing on all layers of the stack (Unit, Integration and End-2-End).
- BDD testing is a plus (e.g. Cucumber or Cucumber-like frameworks).
- Experience in hybrid and mobile apps on iOS and Android devices – specifically testing with Appium.
- A willingness to travel up to 4 weeks / per year.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started