Kopo Kopo offers solutions to help businesses grow and prosper through payments.
About the role:
What you’ll get to do as the Software Engineering Manager
- Translate product requirements into architectural documents and diagrams
- Maintain architectural documents and ensure it is always updated to reflect the current state of the application.
- Make architectural decisions with respect to any feature that’s to be added to an application
- Ensure that the architectural direction of an application is in line with the strategic direction of the product.
- Perform code reviews and ensures efficient code engineering
- Ensure applications are implemented using software engineering best practices
- Responsible for the stability and reliability of products under his/her purview
- Create and enforce processes that improve developer efficiency and productivity
- Participate in the screening of engineers for hire
- Provide mentorship for young engineers.
To succeed in this Software Engineering Manager role, you should have
- At least 5 years of proven experience as a Software Architect or Lead Software Engineer
- Experience in software development and coding in Java Programming Language
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modelling methods
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High-quality organisational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- Minimum of post-secondary school qualification/diploma
Some of the technologies you’ll get to work with
- Java (latest versions)
- Spring and Spring Boot
- Docker and Kubernetes
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elastic search
- Microservices architecture on AWS
What they can offer you
Culture – They put their people first and prioritise the well-being of every team member. They have built a company where all opinions carry weight and where all voices are heard. The Kopo Kopo team values and respects each other and always looks out for one another.
Learning – They have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
Compensation – You’ll receive an attractive salary, health insurance, an annual bonus, plus other benefits.
About Kopo Kopo:
Kopo Kopo is a financial technology company transforming the way merchants and their customers interact in emerging markets. They are leveraging the wildly successful mobile money systems in emerging markets like Kenya to build a merchant services platform that digitises their businesses by providing them with digital payment acceptance and disbursements, merchant credit and other business management tools that they need to succeed.
What they do:
Engineering at Kopo Kopo is an inspired, customer-focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Their infrastructure runs on some of the cool tools that excite infrastructure engineers – Kubernetes, Docker etc.
They also make business decisions based on the large stream of data we receive daily, so they work daily with big data, perform data analytics and build models to make sense of the noise and give their customers the best experience.
If this excites you, it excites them too and they would love to have you.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started