We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more
Every once in a while, a job comes along with the opportunity to positively affect all users of Microsoft products. If you’ve been waiting for that kind of opportunity to come along this may be the job for you.
The Azure Identity team is searching for a software engineering leader who can define, build and evolve the new platform on which Azure Active Directory (AAD) services are built. The Identity organization is part of the Cloud & Artificial Intelligence (C+AI) organization and is responsible for driving the innovation in both cloud and on–premises software development providing identity management, authentication and authorization. The hybrid group, within the Identity organization, focuses on core scenarios like provisioning, health and hybrid scenarios.
The entire Identity stack is built upon the data we handle and store about users, group and devices. Keeping this data updated and fresh, no matter where it originated (on premises system, SaaS apps) and no matter where it needs to be consumed (Office 365, Saas apps, Azure AD and on premises system) is at the heart of Microsoft’s cloud strategy and is our biggest asset to beating our competitors. User Data is where it all begins. Meeting these challenges requires building high scale, reliable and resilient services that will meet data freshness SLA. Our cloud services are built to meet the above challenges in a seamless way and we constantly challenge ourselves to stay ahead of our competitors in the identity space. We regularly collaborate with many teams across Microsoft as well as third party applications vendors to meet our demanding customer promises.
Responsibilities – Software Engineering Lead
This is a broad cross-team role with high visibility. You will collaborate closely with multiple teams across Microsoft to deliver key customer solutions and the technology to support them.
- Lead design and implementation of the future architecture for highly scalable, durable, low latency identity management systems.
- Build an effective and agile development organization using industry leading best practices.
- Lead the definition of requirements, KPIs, priorities and planning of engineering deliverables.
- Mentor and grow team members.
We believe in enabling our team members to unlock their highest potential and invest a lot in building a collaborative and agile culture to achieve our business success. Join us and be part of our path to the next level of awesomeness!!
Qualifications – Software Engineering Lead
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- One or more of the following skills will be highly regarded:
- Expertise in design, building and operating large scale distributed systems that can sustain rapid growth
- Technical leadership, experience in high performing, agile teams
- Drive changes across multiple teams in the Identity Organization
- Great communication skills to collaborate cross-group and work effectively within the team
- Expertise in any modern continuous delivery/deployment systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Would you like to get onto the path towards becoming one of the top developers in Kenya? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools that offer comprehensive training in coding.
If you are looking to specifically acquire the certifications needed for a job like this, click here for information on how to get started.