We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more
Every year, we welcome Interns from every corner of the world to join the Software Engineering Internship at Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead. Come build community, explore your passions and do your best work at Microsoft with thousands of university graduates from every corner of the world.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond. Learn more about our cultural attributes
We’re a company of learn-it-alls rather than know-it-alls and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Does this sound like you?
At Microsoft Software Engineering Internship, Interns work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across the world, while having fun along the way. You’ll be empowered to build community, explore your passion, and achieve your goals. This is your chance to bring your solutions and ideas to life while working on cutting-edge technology. The internship is designed not only for you to do great work with the opportunity to learn and grow, but to experience our culture full of diverse community connection, executive engagement, and memorable events.
Imagine yourself as a Microsoft Intern. Join Microsoft today and help us innovate and shape the business of tomorrow.
We’re a company of learn-it-alls rather than know-it-alls and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Does this sound like you? Learn more about our cultural attributes.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Software engineers (SWEs) work with teammates to solve problems and build innovative software solutions. You are passionate about customers and product quality, and you provide technical guidance to Technical Program Managers and Product Managers they consider user needs and product requirements. You will also be expected to demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions. As a SWE, you are dedicated to design, development and testing of next-generation software which will empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
- Be enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field.
- Must have at least one additional quarter/semester of school remaining following the completion of the student worker program.
- Experience and interest in working with backend containerized microservices (ex: Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Fluency in English.
- Have solid problem-solving skills.
- You must be legally authorised to work in Kenya to be eligible for this role. (Legally authorised = has citizenship or has been granted a valid visa or work permit)
- Be passionate about quality, performance, and reliability.
- Knowledge, and experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages such as C#, and Python.
- Good interpersonal oral and written communications skills
- Experience delivering results through collaboration across disciplines, feature teams, and partners
- Applies engineering principles to solve complex problems through sound and creative engineering.
- Quickly learns new engineering methods and incorporates them into work processes.
- Seeks feedback and applies internal or industry best practices to improve technical solutions.
- Demonstrates skill in time management and completing software projects in a cooperative team environment.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started