Technology solutions for development organizations. Builders of Ona Data, Canopy, and OpenSRP.
We make tools that provide opportunities for organizations to make better use of their data to help address some of the world’s greatest challenges, including maternal and child health, education, community resilience, agriculture, environmental sustainability, access to infrastructure and government accountability.
Ona works with its partners to develop data solutions based on technologies Ona develops. These include Ona Data — a mobile data collection and visualization platform, Canopy — our new enterprise analytics solution and OpenSRP, a mobile health platform Ona is developing in partnership with the World Health Organization.
Qualities we’re looking for in the Software Engineering Interns:
Product/Solution Innovation and Development:
- Problem definition, analysis, requirements gathering, solutions development, and solutions proposal for the company.
- Develop proper documentation on solutions, user guides, processes and procedures during the development and deployment of solutions.
Knowledge transfer and training:
- Provide training to clients and/or colleagues and/or in events or exhibitions where you are representing the company in any capacity
- Assist in the development of project plans
- With minimal supervision, take a lead role in projects assigned to you, ensure the project timelines are met, ensure the client is kept informed and do the necessary follow-up.
Team Player/Company Ambassador:
- Represent the company and Spread the word about our products and services
The Software Engineering Interns should possess the following qualifications:
• Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related field.
• Must have at least one additional quarter/semester of school remaining following the completion of the internship
• Programming experience in an object-oriented language (C, C#, C++, Java, Python).
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of computer science fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started