The mobile app revolutionizing financial services, globally.
The Software Engineering Intern will work within an engineering team in Tala to contribute to projects that matter to Tala’s scale and growth. As the Software Engineering Intern, you will be assigned to a manager and a mentor. You’ll design, code and contribute to solving the most challenging technical problems in the fintech space using cutting-edge technology and tools.
- Developing applications using the prescribed programming language and technologies.
- Debugging and testing code.
- Documenting new features and solutions.
- Participating in ceremonies.
- Collaborating with team members in the execution of their tasks.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related fields from a reputable institution.
- Must have graduated with a second-class upper division & above.
- Strong in computer science basics and fundamentals.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good exposure to at least 1 programming language (Go, Java, Scala, Python, C/C++, etc).
- Effective oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Prior relational database experience preferred (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MS SQL).
- Previous internship/work experience will be an added advantage.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experiences. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach and offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agencies for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!