Sun King provides affordable solar home energy for the 1.8 billion people around the world without reliable access to the electrical grid
What you would be expected to do
The Software Engineer – Mid Level will have the following responsibilities:
- Works with the product manager to turn product requirements into actionable software tasks. This includes defining user experience, user interface and data inputs/outputs
- Implements requirements both to the letter and spirit of acceptance criteria. Ask good questions during requirements grooming. However, they may spend a lot of time on a low-priority task or require very detailed specifications. Mixed estimation accuracy.
- Describe how the requirement links back to the system architecture or changes required in architecture.
- Beginning to show the ability to discuss technical topics with non-technical stakeholders.
- Can fluently discuss topics with correct vocabulary.
- Developing pattern matching and simplification skills.
Feature development (mobile/web/APIs)
- Feature development work is focused on web, mobile and API applications. The features being developed should be based on high-quality code and be released within development iterations.
- Understands branching strategies from a couple of teams and approaches and can provide pros and cons.
- Understands work tracking and adheres to standards.
- Able to provide good feedback and opinions for improving team processes.
- Code quality tests are built within the feature. Tests of releases on staging before production.
- Accepts constructive feedback well and can implement it quickly in and out of code reviews.
- Provides quality guidance to associate/junior engineers.
- The feature lead takes full ownership of the feature being released and communicates with relevant stakeholders about the progress of the release and whether there are any blockers
- Can manage a development iteration from scoping, and daily standups through release and review.
- Can estimate story points for tasks. Scopes out requirements into sub-tasks and can assign them to different team members.
- Identifies challenges during the sprint and proactively communicates if timelines will not be hit.
Investigation & analysis
- Identifies root causes of issues and can use analytic tools (SQL queries etc) to provide the evidence base
- Can easily understand error logs and figure out the severity of an issue/bug in live environments and how that will affect users.
- They are also able to write up detailed incident reports specifying updates required and the way forward
- Partners, end customers and internal teams love what we make and how we make it
- Has a deep understanding of user needs.
- Can identify potential improvements.
- Actively manages expectations of key stakeholders to expected delivery or resolution timelines.
- On-call for software-specific support tickets.
- Resolution of ticket or escalation based on the severity of the event
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in support services to reduce time spent on activities
Infrastructure & operations (DevOps)
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining of production systems and responding to incidents involving them.
- Can use well-developed Google-Fu to sort through issues and environmental differences. Understands environment progression for lower environments and has optimised their setup for debugging.
You might be a strong candidate if you
The Software Engineer – Mid Level should fulfil the following qualifications:
- Possess familiarity, or willingness to learn core technical stack, currently: Node.js, Sails.js, React, React Native, PostgreSQL, Git, Trello, Google Cloud Platform, CircleCI
- Have BS/MS Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
What We Offer
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast-growing, high-impact industry;
- The chance to work in an open-minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with a profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started