We are passionate about making the web a better place.
About the Role
The Customer Success Software Engineer role is responsible for ensuring our customers’ ultimate technical success in scaling, building, and deploying world-class applications on top of our powerful platform. In this diverse, customer-facing role, you will provide technical and architectural consulting and advice to customer teams and leadership; solve complex, often mission-critical problems with customer deployments and applications; promote platform knowledge and feature adoption to our customers; and propose, design, and build the tools and processes that power our business.
As an integral part of a support or consulting squad at WPVIP, you’ll focus on our customer’s technical needs and goals. But you’ll also have ample opportunity to contribute to WPVIP’s platform and the open-source tools (including WordPress core) that we build upon. We encourage periodical rotation to one of our product teams in order to contribute to the platform. In addition, the role includes continuous opportunities to ship code and solutions as part of one of our many project squads.
- You are an engineer with a drive for real-world outcomes. You may have a background as a full-stack product engineer, or as an engineer in enterprise or media — but you are ready to roll up your sleeves and work directly with a wide spectrum of interesting global customers.
- You will never stop learning. You have a willingness to rapidly learn new technologies.
- You have excellent written English and can effectively communicate with customers, sometimes under stressful circumstances. Communication is our oxygen and the basis of everything we do.
- You like actively solving problems. You are excited by the idea of deep, collaborative problem-solving on a regular basis and motivated by the prospect of what you’ll learn along the way.
- You may have experience with some of the following: software engineering industry standards across the full lifecycle, coding standards and team coding practices, source control (primarily Git), build processes, testing methodologies, and cloud infrastructures.
About the Team
We are first and foremost engineers, though our backgrounds and experiences in life and career vary. We typically have a deep background in either WordPress development itself (some of us are long time developers/contributors, experienced themers and plugin developers) and/or the web (others of us are devs with backgrounds in media or general technology.) All of us have a deep interest in code, learning and a commitment to open source, WordPress and the future of the open web.
We are also passionate advocates for our customers. We are unafraid of ambiguous or challenging situations involving code, humans or both. We understand the wider and human contexts of technical decisions. We are able to communicate effectively across cultures and organizations, sometimes in difficult situations. We are most engaged when solving truly interesting problems collaboratively. We care about our customers, and share a commitment to helping them achieve their goals!
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.