Apollo helps farmers in emerging markets maximize their profits.
About the Role
- Strong understanding of computer science and excellent software engineering fundamentals.
- A strong commitment to learning whatever is required to get the job done. We don’t expect you to know everything, but we expect you to be able to learn what you need to on the job.
- Experience developing software with a team. You should be able to use `git rebase` comfortably and see the benefits of testable code.
- Comfort with building software in modern languages and frameworks. We mostly write Scala on the backend, use Kotlin for our Android codebase, and write React on the front end. You don’t need to be experts in any of these, but you feel like you could comfortably acclimatize and pick these up quickly.
- Deep desire to work delivering credit and advice to smallholder farmers with all of the challenges that entails. While we don’t expect every hire to start with experience working with smallholder farmers, we expect every hire to go on field trips and to develop a deep working understanding of the lives of our customers
- Bonus: Comfort building user interfaces that are highly user friendly and have well thought out designs.
- Bonus: Comfort with functional programming languages.
- Are a collaborative team of smart and ambitious people who are dedicated to serving our customers.
- Make magic happen to solve hard problems and always come with solutions when challenges arise.
- Are comfortable taking risks that can result in radical scale, and understand that failures are opportunities to learn and improve.
- Are considerate listeners and take the time to deeply understand and seek out ideas from the people around us, even when we disagree.
- Offer a dynamic environment that fosters talent, collaboration and growth.
- Take pride in our work and share the responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment.
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package and challenging projects.
- Value autonomy, honesty, transparency, and respect.
- Are excited to hear from you!
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.