Technology to accelerate the electrification of Africa leveraging Upya’s flexible SaaS for last mile distributors
About the job
At Upya, our mission is to digitize last mile distribution and help bring essential goods to billions of under-served people around the world.
Our clients are “Last Mile Distributors” who operate in frontier markets. They sell impact products from solar home systems, to solar pumps and clean cook-stoves. Some operate for profits and other collect Carbon Credits thanks to the CO2 emission they help avoid. We are here to help them digitize their business and expand their reach and impact. We work with distributors in more than 25 countries, across Asia and Africa.
The software engineer at Upya will craft polished user experiences, highly scalable API’s to help collect huge amount of data from the ground. Their job is to develop simple yet powerful and highly reliable tools that work offline and can improve the day-to-day job of sales and customer service agents, that sometimes work several days of travel away from the nearest good internet connection.
As a Software Engineer at Upya, you will
- Design, develop and maintain our front-end tools (mobile apps, web apps)
- Design, develop and maintain our API’s for maximum resilience, scalability, robustness, and security
- Build new applications and services to support our API’s and internal tools to help us move faster with confidence and quality
- Play an active role in the architecture at Upya to better support our growing user base and scaling needs
- Maintain our high level of quality through strong testing methodologies, documentation, pairing, and learning
What you could work on
As part of our Tech Team, you will be put in charge of maintaining and developing one of our core products.
- Experience: You have 3+ years of experience as a software engineer and have had exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications. You have strong knowledge and experience in Node.js. You have strong knowledge and experience in either React or React Native. You have strong knowledge and experience in either AWS architectures or Firestore-based apps.
- Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and solution-oriented engineer who is interested in hard problems and delivering value
- Impact Maker: You want to help build an innovative product used by tens of thousands of users and leave your mark
- Best Practices: You are an organized worker who follows best practices regarding code quality, testing and code reviews
- Curiosity: You are a curious and open-minded developer who is eager to learn a new language, banking domain and introduce new tools and services where it can help us grow
- Team player: You have good communication skills, are comfortable working in a team and can easily work with non-technical colleagues
- Languages: You are fluent in English.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started