Institute of Software Technologies
Africa's Global IT Training Providers of Choice, exceeding Customer Expectations, with Impressive Training Solutions
Software Developer Training – Job Description
The Institute of Software Technologies (IST), is the premier brand for IT-based professional career development through competency and solution based training. The Institute invites applicants to fill the vacant position of Software Development Trainer.
The Software Development Trainer will be a champion of creativity and innovation by imparting technical concepts to students using a diverse set of training material. The trainer shall report to the Head of Training.
Software Developer Trainer – Responsibilities
- Plan, Prepare and deliver courses/training according to the training plan.
- Provide individual and/or group instruction and training to students, faculty, and/or staff on computer technologies.
- Conduct trainings both at IST campus and at offsite as per the schedule.
- Research and Design the training material as per the course outline discussed with the Training head, prepare a complete teaching plan with the Training head.
- Provide technical support for research and development initiatives and for the implementation of new technologies
- Ensure that the course material is up to date.
- Write structured programs, as appropriate, using technologically current programming languages to support IST Systems.
- Develop testing and evaluation procedures.
- Support classroom culture and relationship building with students
- Prepare Exam Content and evaluate Students answer sheets
- Assist other instructors with lab supervision and student monitoring
- Resolve any query that the student may have during the exam.
- Prepare a detailed report of the students training for industrial support i.e their strength and weakness of the subject and a report on placement for every student and report to the Training Head.
- Make daily entry into the attendance sheets.
- Maintain a proper class discipline and decorum.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems; participates in professional and personal development activities as appropriate.
- Any other task assigned by the management as is within the scope of duty.
Software Developer Trainer – Requirements
- 1+ years experience of professional coding in languages used in the classroom (HTML, CSS, Java Script, JQuery, Bootstrap/ any other CSS framework, PHP, Java, Laravel/Yii2, VueJS, ReactJS, NodeJS)
- Bachelor’s degree in any software development related course
- Establishes harmonious working relationships with team members
- Displays a positive attitude
- Demonstrates flexibility in day to day work
- Aptitude to learn and grow
- Problem solver
- Ability to grow and mentor others
Planning on sharpening your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started