Davis & Shirtliff
We are the leaders in Water & Energy solutions namely: Pumps, Boreholes, Water Treatment, Pools, Solar, Generators and Irrigation solutions.
We seek to fill the role of Full Stack Software Developer in the Digital division. The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of water and energy solutions in the region. The Group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, South Sudan, DRC, Zimbabwe and Ghana. The company has a total complement of over 1000 highly trained and professional staff spread across the region.
The Software Developer (Full Stack) has the following responsibilities:
- Building software to assist customers – This will entail proactively building and implementing services including monitoring, scripting, automation and maintenance of software in a CI/CD environment.
- Creating prototypes, designing UI/UX and writing code against user and technical requirements adhering to deadlines to produce pixel-perfect software.
- Performing peer reviews, and collaborating with developers to produce easy. efficient and attractive software solutions.
- Reviewing design and architecture to assure users of high availability, secure, bug-free, high performance and resilient software.
- Providing software-related support.
- Proactively managing backlog as part of their daily tasks.
- Research new fits for future technologies and actively adopt and implement viable solutions.
- Build APIs and integration endpoints to other systems.
- IT, Software, Computer science, engineering – At least a 2nd Class Upper-class degree.
- 2 – 3 years of programming experience – PHP, JS, HTML, CSS, MYSQL, Dart / Flutter, Java, Kotlin.
- Experience in PHP CMS and Frameworks – Laravel, Joomla, Codeigniter and Opencart.
- GitHub and Git experience for code versioning.
- API development and Microservices – SOAP / REST, XML, JSON
- Mobile app development and deployment experience to stores – Flutter, Xcode, Android, Maven, Gradle and Cocoapods.
- Experience with application security to secure applications and data.
- Experience with server management will be an added advantage – Azure, AWS, cPanel, Apache, Nginx, Litespeed, Digital Ocean, Containers, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Photoshop, XD, and Figma will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and people skills.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started