REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Reporting to Product Manager, Cybersight, the Software Developer will work within a small team devoted to Cybersight telemedicine application development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop new features, modify existing features, and fix bugs within the web application (developed in Liferay DXP platform) and mobile apps (developed in react native.)
- Implement unit and integration tests.
- Write technical documentation as needed.
- Contribute to all phases of software development lifecycle.
- Provide immediate support for production application when needed.
- Perform deployment and maintenance activities (training provided).
- Any other responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years working as a software developer using Java technologies;
- Experience with following technologies: Java 8, JSP, HTML, CSS, jQuery, Tomcat, AWS (EC2, RDS, S3 etc.), Git, Gradle.
- Experience working with frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, JPA.
- Experience working with Relational Database and SQL queries.
- Experience working with REST web-services.
- Preferred: Liferay DXP, Alloy UI.
- Preferred: Experience working with Python.
- Preferred: Experience of managing applications on AWS.
- Preferred: Healthcare domain experience.
- Preferred: Mobile app development experience – especially with React Native.
- Preferred: Experience with any of the following: Angular, React, Vue.
If needed, access to resources to learn Liferay DXP or mobile app development will be provided.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to write clean code ensuring excellent technical quality.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Comfortable working in an agile environment.
- Ability to work with or learn new tools, languages and technologies, ex: Eclipse IDE, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Slack, etc.)
- Good communication skills.
- Be available to work with global team members between 8 am – 10 am EST.