Building the tools for Africa's digital transformation.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.” Google’s Interaction Designers take complex tasks and make them intuitive and easy to use for billions of people around the globe. Throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes—you’ll envision how people will experience our products, and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviours of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them and for Google’s businesses.
As a Senior UX Designer – Search, you’ll rely on user-centred design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your design partners to leverage and evolve the Google design language to build beautiful, innovative, inspired products that people love to use.
In the role of Senior UX Designer – Search, you will help drive key strategic efforts to drive growth for Google Search in Sub-Saharan Africa. You will design features that will help the team to deliver on its goals.
In Google Search, we’re reimagining what it means to search for information – anyway and anywhere. To do that, we need to solve complex engineering challenges and expand our infrastructure while maintaining a universally accessible and useful experience that people around the world rely on. In joining the Search team, you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact on billions of people globally.
- Build user-centric features across many different touch points.
- Deliver all aspects of end-to-end UI design, from strategy to pixels.
- Develop foundational frameworks and interaction patterns to ensure cohesion and standards across searches.
- Collaborate and influence executive engineers, Product managers (PM), data science, and marketing partners.
- Work across organizational boundaries with core feature teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in communicating design decisions and advocating for users.
- Portfolio of UX Design work across multiple platforms.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams located around the globe in different time zones.
- Experience working across organizational and functional boundaries to prioritize opportunities and mitigate constraints.
- Experience in designing for emerging markets.
- Experience with extending and evolving design systems.
- Ability to frame problems, articulate positions, weigh alternatives, and propose solutions.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started