Global mobile research leader providing real-time market research and international development & relief data from emerging markets.
About the position
The Senior Systems Integration Engineer will report to Sr. Manager, Technical Operations. Applications are being solicited from well-qualified candidates local to the Kenyan market for permanent placement. Interested parties are invited to submit resumes for consideration for the position described below.
- Design and implement Mobile Accord’s Voice and IVR systems.
- Set up and maintain Mobile Accord’s Messaging systems.
- Set up and maintain Asterisk and FreePBX systems
- Manage messaging connectivity using SMPP and ParlayX
- Set up and support billing and airtime systems.
- Manage Windows and Linux administration, including domain administration and security.
- Deploy and maintain monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, Checkmk, and SNMP.
- Conduct regular system audits to ensure optimal performance and security
- Collaborate with the team to identify and implement network improvements and upgrades
- Participate in on-call rotation for off-hour support and incident response.
The role of Senior Systems Integration Engineer has the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Electrical Engineering, or suitable experience in a related field
- 4+ years of experience as a Senior Integrations Engineer/VAS Engineer or a similar role
- Experience in setting up and maintaining Asterisk, FreePBX and IVR systems.
- Experience in setting up messaging using SMPP and ParlayX
- Experience in setting up and maintaining messaging queueing systems using RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ
- Proficiency in Windows and Linux administration, domain administration, and virtualization using HyperV and VMWare.
- Experience setting up and maintaining web servers such as Microsoft IIS, Apache/Nginx
- Experience running systems in production.
- Familiarity with database technologies such as SQL Server, MySQL
- Shell scripting and automation (bash, PowerShell, python, node js)
- General knowledge of IPSec VPNs, Firewalls, Load balancers
- Understanding of network protocols and security systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Experience in setting up interactive IVR systems such as FreePBX and Verboice systems is a plus.
GeoPoll is the leading provider of mobile device-driven research, data collection, and analysis in emerging markets, providing full-service solutions to its broad client base. GeoPoll has experience administering surveys in more than eighty-five countries and conducts approximately ten million surveys annually in more than forty-five languages. With operations in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean, GeoPoll continues to grow and scale quickly.
GeoPoll adheres to the strictest ethical and research standards and employs highly rigorous methods and approaches to data analysis. Our surveys have been cited and analyzed in several highly respected academic journals, such as the Journal of International Development.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started