Software Solutions provider Company
About the job
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Software Engineer (Java/Python) with a strong background in Java and Python to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in building large-scale web services, caching layers, performance tuning, debugging, and development. In addition, the candidate must have a proven track record of experience in software architecture and demonstrated knowledge of building web services at scale.
The Senior Software Engineer (Java/Python) should have a proven understanding of web technologies from the protocol level up through the stack. Experience using PostgreSQL, Spring Boot, and Drools will be an advantage. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a passion for software development, are essential.
- Design and develop large-scale web services in Java and Python
- Optimize and debug existing services
- Work closely with the product team to understand and implement requirements
- Conduct code reviews and provide technical guidance to other developers
- Design and implement caching layers for improved performance
- Build and maintain high-quality code
- Ensure code is secure and adheres to industry best practices
- Develop and maintain documentation for software design, testing, and deployment
- At least 5 years of experience in software development, with a focus on Java and Python
- Proven experience in software architecture and building web services at scale
- Demonstrated knowledge of web technologies from the protocol level up through the stack
- Strong experience in Java and Spring Framework
- Experience using PostgreSQL, Spring Boot, and Drools is an advantage
- Experience in performance tuning and debugging
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with working with product managers and QA engineers
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Masters of Science in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience with Drools
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work on challenging and innovative projects
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
Travel in the East African region might be required 50% of the time. However, the job is remote first.
If you are a highly motivated and experienced Senior Software Engineer, we encourage you to apply for this position. We are looking for someone who is passionate about software development and who is eager to make a difference in the world.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started