Transforming access to essential goods and services across Africa.
The Senior Software Engineer – Backend is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the back end of the Wasoko web applications. The role of Senior Software Engineer – Backend requires a high level of technical knowledge, design skills in a distributed world, problem-solving as well as a deep understanding of building RESTful Services, designing using MQs, and Web applications and maintaining them.
- Design and develop web applications that meet user requirements and adhere to design and coding standards.
- Create and maintain databases for web applications and mobile applications.
- Develop, test, and deploy web applications and mobile applications.
- Troubleshoot and debug web applications and mobile applications.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of applications.
- Ensure the security and performance of web applications.
- Monitor and track web application usage.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience with designing and developing REST APIs, using MQs and programming in Java, Springboot
- Very good designing and problem-solving skills and can work with minimal guidance.
- Seasoned coder, with good knowledge of various design patterns.
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of application performance, monitoring and alerts.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Proficient in database design and development.
- Experience with mobile application development.
- Should be a good team player with good communication skills.
- E-commerce experience is an added advantage.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started