HFC is a boutique financial services institution providing one stop banking and investment solutions.
Overall Job Purpose
The Senior Software Engineer will be working with both internal technical developers and external teams to use new technology to solve challenges for both the front-end and back-end architecture, ultimately delivering amazing experiences for our customers. The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for building solutions across the stack, web frameworks, APIs, databases, and multiple back-end languages.
- Work across the full stack, building highly scalable distributed solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business growth.
- Develop new features and infrastructure in support of rapidly emerging business and project requirements.
- Assume leadership of new projects, from conceptualization to deployment.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, and maintain high standards for code quality and application design.
- Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continued learning opportunities.
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development, including design, implementation, and deployment.
- Architect & provide guidance on building end-to-end systems optimized for speed and scale.
- Engage with inspiring designers and front-end engineers, and collaborate with leading back-end engineers to create reliable APIs (both internal and external teams).
- Collaborate across time zones via Slack, GitHub comments, documents, and virtual meetings
- Provide process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A Master’s degree in an appropriate field of study is an added advantage.
- Over 5 years of experience in integration, solution architecture, and UI/UX design in the financial services sector.
- Strong organizational and DevOps delivery methodology.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, and .Net.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle, and MongoDB.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Planning, documentation, budgeting, and resource planning for all research projects.
- Determine and select options to achieve goals and/or resolve ad hoc emergent issues.
- Managed delivery teams assigned to innovation products within the specified timelines
- Monitor the development and implementation of innovation projects within the defined timelines.
- Quickly and appropriately respond to, or drive, change, while maintaining flexibility and focus.
- Influence others through personal advocacy, and vision, and build a solid platform for change.
- Persists to complete tasks/responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties, are optimistic and tenacious all through.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of different programming languages such as Java, C#, etc.
- Possesses high-level understanding in the areas of web application programming, content management systems, API, database and system design
- Experience designing and working with multi-layered architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) along with experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA)
- Machine learning techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group; of developers, product owners, and subject matter experts.
- Resolves conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies
- Results-oriented, excellent interpersonal skills, analytical thinking, problem-solving skills, good communicator, innovative, self-driven and a team player who can work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to analyze large quantities of data and provide reports regarding efficiency
- Strong business acumen: Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started