We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
The Microsoft Search Assistance and Intelligence (MSAI) team is responsible for enabling the intelligence in Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, Bing, and Microsoft Assistant. As the Senior Software Engineer, you would be part of the Knowledge team working on developing state-of-the-art technologies to build an intelligent backend for a host of delightful and powerful user experiences aimed at improving the everyday productivity of every Office 365 user and organization. Every single email, chat, document, meeting, search, or any interaction users have with office canvases further augments this knowledge by a deep understanding of the user, helping us build user and tenant-specific knowledge graphs, while strictly guaranteeing Microsoft’s promise to customer privacy, compliance, and trust.
The features benefiting from this range from the most basic features like autocompleting user queries in Microsoft Search to super ambitious ones like solutions for enterprise knowledge management (Viva Topics). We are looking for highly a senior software engineer who is passionate about tackling interesting problems around knowledge mining, user understanding and writing high-performance code to serve these intelligent solutions on our distributed systems operating at the scale of exabytes of data.
The Senior Software Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Working with a team of software engineers and applied scientists you will be responsible for all stages of the development cycle including early ideation, design, implementation, integration, scaling out and monitoring.
- The implementations typically involve writing scalable, distributed, and highly efficient components and shipping large-scale backend services.
- Instil best practices for software development and documentation, ensure designs meet requirements as well as adhere to all the privacy and compliance guidelines in handling critical user data.
- Collaborating with other teams on existing or greenfield projects, driving consensus and coordinating efforts to meet cross-team objectives.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science (or related fields like Electronic Engineering, Physics or Mathematics)
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms and algorithm optimizations
- 4+ years of software design and development experience with backend services
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in any object-oriented programming language such as C++, C#, Java or Python
- Experience in writing high-performance code, profiling applications, identifying, and removing bottlenecks
- Strong communication and interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for learning and ramping up on new technologies and codebases
- Data-driven decision making
- BSc in Computer Science or Equivalent
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started