Banked powers real-time payments for consumers, businesses and banks. A better way to take payments and make payments.
Senior Software Engineer in Platform at Banked
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who shares our vision, who identifies with our desire to reinvent payments and who will help guide us through our growth to directly compete with Visa and Mastercard.
You’ll participate in the direction of the company and products, you’ll be part of a small team where everyone has a voice.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Platform at Banked you’ll be building our core platform tooling and services used by product engineering teams as well as core common services and APIs. You’ll use Go and its ecosystem to deliver event-driven, composable and distributed systems that can be consumed either directly by our customers or by other engineers at Banked.
We don’t expect people to be experts with all of the technology we use or to immediately be able to pick up all the tasks we might ask of them. We want to build an environment where people can learn and grow openly, where failure is accepted as a part of learning and there’s enough support to help people be successful.
- Significant experience in communicating and working with software teams, and working towards building inclusive, fun environments
- The ability to reason intelligently about complex, uncertain problems and reduce them down to clean, simple abstractions through well-designed systems
- A track record of taking software end-to-end, from inception working alongside product managers and designers to production and beyond
- A track record of developing system maintainability and ease of operation
- Experience developing distributed, reliable and resilient systems
- Substantial experience in Go, alongside a number of other languages
Any combination of the following would make your application stand out
- Experience in mentoring and building the skills of junior engineers
- Experience writing software that integrates with multiple external systems
- Experience in payments, fintech or any mission-critical / regulated industry
- Experience building public APIs and designing for developer experience
- Experience building service-based architectures
- Experience building within event-driven architectures
- Experience working with public cloud technologies (GCP, AWS)
- Experience with k8s
What you’ll be doing at Banked
- Work with other engineering teams to build new or improve existing platform tooling using Go.
- Be part of the team responsible for building the core foundation our product engineering teams use to deliver new products to our customers.
- Build services and software that’s fast, resilient and meets our challenging scale, integrity and security needs
- Build event-based, REST based or RPC-based interfaces that are consumed by engineers on other teams
- Improve engineering standards, tooling and processes as we grow
- Mentor and help grow your peers and junior engineers, as well as be open to feedback and mentoring from those around you
We Are Banked
We’re building a global, digital payments network, based on API access to highly secure banking rails, but free from the limitations of their decades-old technology and cost model to support it.
Payments have so far missed out on the cost benefits that come from scale and the innovation potential of the digitisation of all other areas of our lives. With deep partnerships across the ecosystem, we’re making real-time payments work for a digital world. We believe moving money + data together is an untapped source of innovation, and will change not only the way we buy things but the way we live with more useful and relevant experiences. We believe it’s what makes us different from other payment providers.
We’ve recently raised our Series A funding for the next phase of our company roadmap, so we’re expanding the engineering team to meet the coming, new challenges.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started