Drive Excellence in Technology Innovation in Africa.
The Senior Scrum Master is accountable for establishing Scrum as defined in the Scrum Guide. Should help everyone understand Scrum theory and practice, both within the Scrum Team and the organization.
As the Senior Scrum Master, you will be accountable for the Scrum Team’s effectiveness by enabling the Scrum Team to improve its practices, within the Scrum framework making them true leaders who serve the Scrum Team and the larger organization.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
The Scrum Master should serve the Scrum Team in several ways, including:
- Coaching the team members in self-management and cross-functionality;
- Helping the Scrum Team focus on creating high-value Increments that meet the Definition of Done;
- Causing the removal of impediments to the Scrum Team’s progress; and,
- Ensuring that all Scrum events take place and are positive, productive, and kept within the timebox.
- Understand the environment, requirements plus stated and unstated expectations through having a constant feedback loop.
- Identify risks and prepare for contingencies and mitigation
- Assist in driving innovation and improving the performance of the applications in scope
The Scrum Master should serve the Product Owner in several ways, including:
- Helping find techniques for effective Product Goal definition and Product Backlog management;
- Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items;
- Helping establish empirical product planning for a complex environment; and,
- Facilitating stakeholder collaboration as requested or needed.
- Assist the Product Owner to understand the Agile way of working through training and achieving the vision.
The Scrum Master should serve the organization in several ways, including:
- Leading, training, and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption;
- Planning and advising Scrum implementations within the organization;
- Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact an empirical approach for complex work; and,
- Removing barriers between stakeholders and Scrum Teams.
- Experience in a scrum master role
- BSC or Master’s degree in a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of industry experience in a SaaS and Cloud service environment (AWS and Azure preferred), mission-critical solution delivery, digital transformation and solution modernization efforts.
- 4+ years’ experience leading a team in solution delivery projects involving Microsoft Technologies (such as .net, SQL Server, Microsoft Dynamics, Power Platform and Power Apps)
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artefacts (such as the definition of done, user stories, automated testing, and backlog refinement)
- Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks (Kanban, SaFe, LeSS etc.)
- Should have worked with numerous collaboration tools (Azure DevOps, Jira, Confluence, Slack, Teams etc)
- Outstanding interpersonal, leadership, mentorship, excellent communication, and facilitation skills to establish and maintain excellent working relationships in a corporate environment
- Ability to analyze, think quickly and resolve conflict & problem solve.
- Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum and be self-motivated
- Ability to determine what is scrum and what is not plus adapting to a changing environment.
- Scrum master certification is a plus.
- Experience guiding the continuous improvement of processes and technology taking smart risks and championing new ideas.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started