International Data Corporation (IDC)
The premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the IT, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets
IDC is looking for a research professional to join our Data & Analytics team in Nairobi, Kenya as a Senior Research Analyst to support our software research business and emerging technologies such as Cloud, Big Data Analytics (BDA), Artificial Intelligence (AI), IT Services, Security software, etc.
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm. We are changing the way the world thinks about the impact of technology on business and society. Our people, data, and analytics create global technology insights that accelerate customer success. IDC was recognized by the Institute of Industry Analyst Relations (IIAR) as the 2022 Analyst Firm of the Year for the third consecutive year, for delivering critical, timely insights in coordinated efforts around the world, during a time when our customers faced unprecedented challenges.
Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future! We are just getting started!
The Senior Research Analyst is expected to conduct research and contribute to creating market size, market forecast, vendor research, and support regional consulting engagements including market size modelling, authoring whitepapers, presentations, and infographics. The candidate should be able to use both primary and secondary sources, to meet data and analytics requirements to support the core tracker and spending guide business in collaboration with more senior staff.
- Collect and analyze data about software and cloud service providers doing business in MEA using multiple sources and methods (primary and secondary research)
- Analyze business and market trends for software and cloud in the region.
- Collaborate with a regional and global team and align with analysts and other stakeholders.
- Responsible to manage the core software and cloud data products (Trackers, Spending Guides and Blackbook) and be responsible for new data modelling, and data visualization in MEA.
- Data interpretation, writing summaries and presenting findings.
- Ensuring timely delivery of data and analytics and consulting engagements.
- Maintain active relations with key market players in the vendor and distributor community.
Although the position is based in Dubai, UAE, the position may require travel to other countries in the MEA region
- University degree from a well-recognized university. A university degree in science or technology would be an advantage.
- 5-7 years of total experience.
- Minimum 4 years experience of working with technology research and analysis which includes software, cloud, security, IT Services etc.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started