Global mobile research leader providing real-time market research and international development & relief data from emerging markets.
About the position
Given our continuing growth and development and our critically important work for our partners and clients, GeoPoll is looking for a Senior QA Engineer who will report directly to Sr. Manager, Product Development.
The Senior QA Engineer will work closely with the Software Development and Product Development teams. Applications are being solicited from well-qualified candidates local to the Kenyan market for permanent placement. Interested parties are invited to submit resumes for consideration for the position described below.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans, test strategies and test cases for testing and tracking defects through their life cycle, and providing testing status for features and functionality; modify existing test plans and procedures where needed
- Execute test plans and evaluate results to identify root causes and reproduce bugs or defects to drive issues and improvements to resolution
- Provide testing support for release and change management process
- Collaborate with the Product Development and Software Development teams for continued development and improvements of features, functionality and tooling for the QA and deployment ecosystem.
- Providing support and responding to support requests from the different operations teams in a timely manner and ensuring that communication and reporting protocols have been adhered to
- Providing timely updates for management reporting requirements
- 5+ years of experience in testing and automation across Web and Mobile applications
- Strong knowledge of SQLC, methodologies, tools and processes
- Strong understanding of Agile software development and DevOps practices
- Experience in automation testing is a must (Python, Selenium, Cypress, Appium, BrowserStack, Postman, JMeter)
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with Test Management tools like Testrail, Redmine, Bugzilla etc
- Excellent Bug Reporting and Documentation Skills
- Proficient in verbal and written communication in English
GeoPoll is the leading provider of mobile device-driven research, data collection, and analysis in emerging markets, providing full-service solutions to its broad client base. GeoPoll has experience administering surveys in more than eighty-five countries and conducts approximately ten million surveys annually in more than forty-five languages. With operations in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean, GeoPoll continues to grow and scale quickly.
GeoPoll adheres to the strictest ethical and research standards and employs highly rigorous methods and approaches to data analysis. Our surveys have been cited and analyzed in several highly respected academic journals, such as the Journal of International Development.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started