Connecting Africa's medical community
There is a growing deficit of over 2.4 million healthcare workers across Africa. Healthcare professionals have limited peer support networks and patient handover is inefficient. All of this culminates in thousands of avoidable patient deaths each year – Medixus exists to prevent this.
Operating at the forefront of patient care, Medixus’ software provides a one-stop shop for case aggregation, patient handover and case collaboration among healthcare professionals. We are putting the knowledge of all healthcare workers on the continent in the pocket of all healthcare workers on the continent, driving radical improvements in patient outcomes.
So far Medixus has partnered with a number of major hospital groups, built an engaged community of more than 2500 medical professionals on the platform and facilitated over 2000 patient handovers – and this is just the beginning.
An exciting opportunity to work on a meaningful product that seeks to radically transform healthcare across the world. As a Senior Product Manager, you will be reporting to our CEO and Founder (who has extensive product management experience).
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for ensuring we are delivering a product that customers not only love, but helps improve the quality of healthcare they are able to deliver.
You will join a dynamic and passionate environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
- You have worked in a startup environment
- You have a proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- You have experience with UX research and are able to communicate findings to the wider business
- You have strong problem solving skills and a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- You are skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience using product management tools such as Jira, Trello, Asana, Figma
- You have UX/UI experience
- You are comfortable with data interpretation, high level SQL queries and use of tools like Tableu, Mixpanel etc.
- You are comfortable managing freelance UX/UI designers as required
Nice to haves
- You have experience working with healthcare products (or financial services)
- You have experience managing multiple products
- You have a good understanding of accessibility considerations
- You have some design capability
- You have experience with data platforms
- Own the product roadmap with clear prioritization processes
- Manage the ongoing development of our flagship product
- Oversee the development of our next generation product
- Lead on user research across both product lines to drive product decisions
- Lead on ensuring all user insights are accessible and visible to the whole business (knowledge management)
- Use data to evaluate product performance, and drive product decisions
- Scope and prioritise activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering teams, strategy teams and sales team
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
Looking to sharpen your User Experience Design skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for more information