We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more
Want to help developers feel empowered, motivated, and inspired to build within the Microsoft 365 ecosystem? Want to collaborate closely with product teams across Microsoft to produce documentation for API capabilities in Microsoft Graph? Do you love building Product Platforms for developers, builders, and creators? Then join us and have a direct, positive influence on businesses of all shapes and sizes using Microsoft productivity products.
We are the Developer Experience team in the Microsoft 365 Core group, responsible for the developer experiences in Microsoft Graph and we’re looking for a Senior product manager to join our team.
- Passionate for building products with excellent user experience.
- Excited about APIs and developer tools.
- A system thinker who has an experimental mind and curiosity of what is possible.
- Obsessed with organizing information in a logical, concise manner so that developers, administrators, and builders can find the information they need at different stages of their journey.
- Data-driven and analytical.
- Eager to help customers and product teams succeed: maybe blogging about technology, contributing to specs on your team or in open-source projects, or maybe helping others in troubleshooting forums.
- Committed to customers, participating in relevant communities, and thinking every day about how your work makes Microsoft’s tools and services better.
- Committed to building innovative and modern tools that will inspire and motivate customers using Microsoft platforms and services.
Responsibilities for the Senior Product Manager – Microsoft Graph
- Work with peer product managers, content writers, cloud advocates, and partner teams to drive product vision, user experience, and excellent documentation.
- Write vision documents, blog posts for product releases, product FAQs, and actively contribute to peer PM documents.
- Work with peers and partner teams to ensure our tools work together, are complimentary, and not duplicate efforts.
- Improve the vision writing process and be as clear as possible when articulating what we are building.
- Collaborator – Partnering with others is at the heart of this role, so top-notch collaboration skills are essential. Great collaborators aren’t just easy to work with – they also raise tough questions, challenge others as necessary and negotiate win/win solutions.
- Teammate – We seek amazing teammates. People who help each other, solve problems together, motivate others, have fun, and apply the term “team” at the broadest level – irrespective of organizational lines.
- Experience – You’ve created documentation for developers and have experience helping them learn how to build with APIs, webhooks, authentication, and other tools.
Qualifications for the Senior Product Manager – Microsoft Graph
- 5+ years of technical experience as a developer, architect, or PM
- 5+ years strategy creation as a PM
- 5+ years of familiarity with platform tools
- Strategic thinker when it comes to user experience of docs, tools, code samples, and SDKs.
- Strong sense of curiosity and desire to learn, share, and improve.
- Knowledge of GitHub and markdown.
- Experience building for developers
- Strong writing background.
- Experience with User Experience concepts and finding friction in the experience throughout the lifecycle of a developer.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Planning on improving your Project Management skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.