Community for Everyone 🌱
Forem is looking for a hands-on Senior Product Manager to join us in developing, maintaining, and implementing our product roadmap and strategy. You will work closely alongside our company founders and the rest of our passionate team of ~20 people (~10 in Prod/Eng/Design).
We build Forem, an open-source community platform. Our flagship community is DEV (dev. to), home to over 1 million registered developers. As our team’s only dedicated Product Manager, you will work on initiatives that improve the experience on DEV, while also building towards a flexible and extensible future for Forem.
You will interface directly with stakeholders across the company, from the community, along with external Forem community creators, to help understand and describe our goals, define requirements, lead discussions, and move initiatives forward.
We are looking for someone that operates well in a fast-moving environment, who can balance higher-level brainstorming with detailed specifications, and that appreciates the nuances required when building a network-driven community platform built around open-source software. The starting salary range for this role is $131,000 – $143,000 plus equity and is not location-based.
As the Senior Product Manager, you’ll be accountable for:
- Driving the product life cycle from problem identification to launch to evaluation
- Setting a clear roadmap for company product(s)
- Working closely with the company founders to articulate product vision
- Taking on day-to-day PM responsibilities currently managed by company founders
- Acting as the main point of contact for any queries about the product roadmap or specific projects; quickly identify root causes, provide solutions and communicate clear explanations to other department heads
- Working with the team to refine and improve the product development process
- Managing our product backlog
- Determining goals and features of each product so the team has a clear understanding of the scope of each product’s deliverables
- Writing technical specs and detailed requirements as necessary
What we would like you to bring to this role:
- Knowledge of user experience best practices
- Data-informed mindset and strong analytical skills
- Leadership mindset and the ability to take initiative
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment that demands flexibility
- Strong communication and critical thinking techniques and ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Comfort working in an asynchronous, distributed team
- Experience working with any/all of the following is a plus: community platforms, network-driven products, open source platforms, SaaS products
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started