Dimension Data harnesses the trans-formative power of technology to help organizations achieve great things in the digital era.
Are you looking for a role in an innovative, fast-paced and fulfilling environment? Do you want to work on some of the most important projects? If so, this Senior Network Implementation Engineer role is for you!
Reporting to the technical team lead, the Senior Network Implementation Engineer will be focused on designing, building/implementing and supporting, enterprise network infrastructure (Network, wireless, data centre, Cloud) solutions to address business and technical requirements, leveraging industry and standard principles and patterns. The job holder will also be an escalation point for complex technical support incidents from a team of support engineers and customers.
- Design, build, deliver, and operate Network and Data Center solutions to meet client requirements
- Provide documentation for solutions delivered to clients
- Work with project managers and other delivery teams to ensure that solutions provided to customers are delivered within specified timelines
- Liaise with go-to-market technical architects to ensure that solutions provided to clients are well-scoped and fit for purpose
- Highlight risks, provide alternative options, and recommend quality solutions to specified problems
- Where feasible, use automation to reduce delivery time and human intervention on repetitive tasks
- Act as subject matter expert on a variety of technologies within the enterprise networks (LAN, WAN, VPN, Data Centre, Wireless and Cloud)
- Guide on change management on change management when integrating solutions provided to customers.
- Guide and/mentor junior engineers
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field of study
- At least 3 years in the enterprise networking field
- Relevant industry-standard certifications, e.g., ITIL
- Cisco Professional-level networking Certification i.e CCNP, CCIE
- Expert-level network security certification i.e, NSE4, NSE7 (SD-WAN)
- DevOps certification and experience in scripting and network automation will be an added advantage.
- Design, implementing, administering, and strong troubleshooting experience in the following:
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting SD-WAN solutions (Cisco Viptella, Meraki, Fortinet)
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting SD-DC solutions (Cisco ACI, VMware NSX-T)
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting SD-Access solutions
- Knowledge and experience in deploying Data Center interconnect technologies; Cisco OTV, VXLAN
- Knowledge and experience in deploying and supporting IP routing protocols, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, EIGRP
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting enterprise wireless solutions
- Knowledge and experience in deploying F5 Application Delivery Controllers (Load balancers, Global Traffic Managers, DNS)
- Working knowledge of enterprise security solutions; firewalls, NAC, MDM
- Good reporting and presentation skills
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started