Make a world of difference with our international money transfers.
About the role:
Engineering at Zepz has stayed small throughout the company’s growth, and we work in small, cross-functional feature teams. Each year we’re tackling more challenges more quickly, simultaneously launching multiple new markets and reinvesting in our user-facing product. To achieve this, we need your help!
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Mobile Engineer – iOS to join one of our Sendwave experience teams and directly contribute to the iOS Sendwave app. You’ll work closely with product and design to fix highly impactful user problems and A/B test interface changes, to make the user experience even smoother. You’ll eventually become one of the primary code owners of the iOS codebase and a go-to person when another team member needs help with a difficult iOS problem.
What you bring to the table:
The role of Senior Mobile Engineer – iOS has the following requirements:
- 5 – 7 years of professional experience as a full stack or mobile engineer.
- Significant experience working with iOS. You don’t need to have every detail of the iOS environment memorised — but you should have a strong foundation, so you can figure out those details when needed.
- Familiarity with both Objective C and Swift.
Bonus points if you:
- Have previously worked on a growth team.
- Care about users, and want to give them an improved simpler experience.
- Are more of a “get it done” than a “perfectionist” type of person — you value getting features into the hands of our users.
- Aren’t afraid to throw away code you wrote – because after testing, a flow you built doesn’t work as well as a different one.
- Easily communicate with non-technical team members, and can translate their feedback into code.
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Adjust quickly and effectively to shifting priorities, conditions, complexity and change.
- Have hands-on experience with Android or Python.
Our tech stack:
Our company-wide tech stack is varied – but for this role you will predominantly work with the Sendwave mobile apps:
- Sendwave mobile apps:
- Native iOS: Swift (>95%), Objective C, Realm DB, SwiftUI, UIKit
- Native Android: Kotlin (>95%), Java, Room DB, Jetpack Compose, View-based UI
- Backend services: Python
- Public Cloud: GCP
- CI/CD tooling: Bitrise (mobile), CircleCI (backend)
- Container orchestration: Kubernetes
- IaC: Terraform
- API Gateway and Service Mesh Architecture
- Databases: SQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL
The Senior Mobile Engineer – iOS is trusted to:
- Write great code: We understand code is read more than it’s written and better off tested. Maintainability is a must.
- Help shape what we build: You’ll be working closely with product owners, designers and other engineers to design and refine our work. We work as a team and your input is key.
- Influence technology evolution: We are designing new platforms with long-term goals in mind and so we remain open to new technology capabilities.
- Own delivery: We’re obsessed with shipping value; you’ll own work beyond a pull request. You’ll care about bugs, scalability, uptime and other non-functional requirements.
- Grow together: You’ll review others’ work and happily seek feedback on yours to ensure we build a better codebase and sharpen each other’s skills. Everyone is a learner and a mentor.
- Share your knowledge and points of view: We promote knowledge sharing across our teams and count on you to become an active member of your team. You will experiment with new tools, present your findings and shape our future standards.
- Enjoy a broad scope and impact: You invent and try to simplify what we do, and are prepared to tackle open-ended, somewhat ambiguous problems. You use charisma to lead or influence others and insist on the highest standards from your team and yourself.
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you’re not in one of those regions, don’t worry – the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
- Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
- Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
- Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
- Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected.
- Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire.
Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
- Our team of over 1400 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations – spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
- We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose – to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus to reduce the cost of remittances and increase safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology – driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,400 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners – We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty – We function best when we’re open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action – We get to the first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better – We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive – to better reflect and serve our users.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started