We represent the interests of the global mobile industry and produce the industry leading events series, @MWCHub : Barcelona | LA | Shanghai | Africa #MWC22
Senior Market Engagement Manager ClimateTech – The Team
The GSMA ClimateTech programme unlocks the power of digital technology in low-and-middle-income countries (LMICs), to enable their transition towards a low-carbon and climate-resilient future. We do this through the collective support of the mobile industry, as well as public and private actors.
Climate change is one of the most pressing challenges facing humanity and we continue to see its impacts, including frequent extreme weather events, displacement of vulnerable populations, increase in temperatures, wildfires and droughts, reduction of wildlife populations and biodiversity, lower agricultural yields, sea-level rises and daily loss of forest.
The ClimateTech programme is uniquely placed within Mobile for Development in GSMA to encourage integration between digital technology and climate mitigation, adaptation and resilience strategies in LMICs. Through our research activities, we identify, promote and inform opportunities for digital innovation. Developing pathways for aligning climate action with the sustainable development agenda.
What the Hiring Manager Says
‘This is an exciting role to work closely with a diverse group of stakeholders to integrate digital interventions that provide communities in Low-and-Middle-Income-Countries (LMICs) to be more resilient to socio-economic and environmental challenges posed due to climate change . We are looking for an ambitious and passionate individual with a track record of delivering global initiatives and in-country projects. As the Senior Market Engagement Manager, you will be instrumental in delivering regional and in-country projects with GSMA partners. Personal and work ethics, persistence, strategic outlook and commitment to team spirit are essential for the candidate to be successful.’
Senior Market Engagement Manager ClimateTech – The Role
You will work closely with a broad range of external stakeholders (e.g. mobile operators, start-ups, technology providers and institutional actors), as well as internal stakeholders within M4D and the broader GSMA.
Your excellent communication skills will allow you to understand the dynamics of the ecosystem, identify key stakeholders and trends, and create new engagement opportunities for the programme. You will continue to nourish and build the strong community of practitioners with a shared vision of leveraging private sector and digital technology capabilities to solve the climate challenges of our time.
You will lead on key stakeholders’ relationships critical for the program’s growth and success, including network operators, civil society organizations, environmental groups, technology service providers, research institutes and donor agencies.
You will be playing an instrumental role of bringing together the insights and best practices from the private sector into light and supporting the scale of successful solutions through hands-on support.
To achieve results, you will use your outstanding ability to explain technology concepts to non-tech audiences. You will also be able to clearly present strategic view, commercial rational, global best practice and viable business models for stakeholders. You will do so through a variety of formats and channels, including face-to-face presentations, adapting to your audience needs.
Senior Market Engagement Manager ClimateTech – The Requirements
We welcome applications from professionals with the following demonstrated qualifications:
- Strong relevant experience within the mobile, ICT or digital industry in the product management or business consultant capacity is a must. You possess a solid understanding of the mobile industry, recognizing key industry trends, commercial drivers and challenges faced by mobile operators in developing countries.
- Background and experience linked to climate and environmental issues and understanding of the use of technology for climate action is a must have for this role.
- Experience managing complex stakeholder relationships at a senior level and delivering multi-stakeholder projects with minimal direction and supervision is a must for this role.
- You can work in an emerging opportunity area without a defined blueprint. You are experienced in providing strategic oversight as well as day-to-day support to external contractors
- You possess solid commercial acumen with an ability to clearly communicate strategic opportunities, develop a compelling business case, value proposition and business models.
- You have a track record of managing teams to success. You are a team player and are able to achieve results through your excellent relationship management skills, collaboration and your ability to consider the interests of multiple stakeholders in your day-to-day work. You complement these skills with a proved ability to negotiate and influence all types of stakeholders, including C-level management.
- You are used to working in multicultural and geographically spread-out teams. A self-starter and highly motivated individual, you manage projects and drive them through to completion.
- To achieve results, you communicate timely and effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, adapting to different styles and working collaboratively towards agreed outcomes for projects.
- You have excellent presentation skills, with an ability to influence stakeholders, negotiate shared objectives, and keep them accountable to commitments made.
- You are willing to travel on international basis (subject to COVID-19 restrictions)
- This role is FTC until 31 March 2024
What We Offer
Working at the GSMA offers you unparalleled access to the mobile industry. We offer a chance to truly shape the direction of mobile, whatever your role. By joining the GSMA, you will be exposed to a fast-paced rapidly evolving environment, working on global solutions, genuinely fascinating and industry-changing projects and a stimulating and dynamic environment designed to enable you to flourish.
In addition to architect-designed offices and competitive compensation, our benefits include fantastic learning & development opportunities, generous holiday allowances, four additional days off for professional development and many others.
Being You at the GSMA
We are one of the most diverse companies you will ever come across, we care deeply about equality and inclusivity and aspire to be the best at it. Your well-being and work/life balance is important so if you prefer to work flexi-time or a day from home, just ask. We’re keen to ensure everyone is equal, represented and connected so we particularly encourage applications from all demographics. The success of the GSMA year on year will continue to be contributed by people from all walks of life.
Here at the GSMA, we are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements supported by our BeWell programme. Our BeWell programme provides comprehensive benefits, tools and initiatives to encourage a happy and healthy working environment.
If you are interested in applying for this role with a flexible working arrangement, please talk to our recruitment team.
Thinking of upgrading your Project Management skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.