We're the nonprofit that hosts @Wikipedia , working to create a world where every human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. Join the movement.
Wikimedia Foundation is seeking an Senior IT Systems Engineer to own solutions development, implementation, maintenance, and day to day operations surrounding our IDP systems and their integrations. This role will be heavily involved in both software and user lifecycle management, developing, and enhancing our standards and operations in those areas. You will be responsible for planning, assessing and operationalizing the technical process improvements of key workflows related to our IDP system as well as assisting our technical leads with our ERP systems. Our ideal candidate will be excited to play an integral role during the Foundation’s most rapid growth period transforming our business tools. This role will be a member of the Information Technology Services Team within the Finance and Administration Department.
You are responsible for:
- Leading efforts in planning, engineering, implementing, and enhancing business functions such as onboarding/offboarding
- Managing and enhancing the integrations between our IDP and ERP systems
- Being the subject matter expert on user directories, account lifecycle, authentication services and surrounding architecture
- Understanding intended long-term organizational goals and identifying effective strategies/approaches that will scale as the technological infrastructure becomes more complex and new tools are introduced
- Performing user lifecycle management, automation, and application provisioning as required
- Assist with mentoring and providing technical guidance to more junior staff members in IT.
- Collaborating with security team to coordinate and operationalize IT Security policies
- Working closely with our team to optimize our internal tools and updated operational processes by design, maintain and optimize the scripts and workflows for automating identity operations
- Working with stakeholders to integrate our SSO with department existing applications, while minimizing the impact on workflows
- Developing and maintain technical documentation, SOPs and analytics for critical workflows and systems
- Providing Tier 3 technical assistance to Wikimedia Foundation staff globally
- Supporting Windows, Ubuntu Linux, and macOS operating systems
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience with identity management, IDAAS, provisioning, user lifecycle operations, and integrations
- Experience with the management, integration and automation of the following tools and technologies: Okta, GSuite, JAMF, LDAP, Oomnitza, Zendesk, SSO, DaaS, SaaS
- Experience with a hybrid & international environment that is growing in size undergoing rapid growth, evolving our current infrastructure.
- Creating control features to ensure systems effectively meet the organization’s quality standards
- Comfortable presenting projects communicating technical concepts clearly and effectively both written and orally to major stakeholders & Leadership with varying levels of technical understanding
- Experience with languages to enable automation (e.g., Python, APIs)
- Ability to perform and improve support workflows from beginning to end, ensuring proper report out is adhered to with a bias towards designing systems automation.
- Experience with vendor management and contract services
- Experience with Linux server administration and troubleshooting
Additionally, we’d love it if you have
- Interest in mentorship and employee development with potential People-Management aspirations
- Familiarity with directory architecting standards and adopting security best practices (ITIL, COBIT, etc.)
- Familiarity with contributing to IT Governance and IT Operational Policies
- Awareness of sustainability practices
Looking to sharpen your Automation skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for more information