The Next Era of AI Development
About the Job:
In preparation for Sama’s next phase of growth, we are searching for an experienced and seasoned Senior IT Support Specialist.
You will provide day-to-day support in specifying, building, maintaining, and supporting the organization’s technical infrastructure. You will be focused on the transformation of the current systems and processes within the IT department to achieve the next levels of excellence.
You will serve as a key partner to the IT Manager and report directly to the IT Manager.
- Support the organization’s network infrastructure and services like LAN, WAN, Print Services, and Email
- Assist in administering and maintaining user mailboxes and distribution groups.
- Domain Services Administration in consultation with the Systems Administrator
- Manage the installation of new versions of the systems and troubleshoot ad-hoc user problems
- Provide ICT related support and guidance to staff members
- Conduct and supervise ICT preventive maintenance activities.
- Installing, configuring, upgrading, and repairing PC hardware and software
- Conduct periodic backups of the identified information systems.
- Participate and assist in the organization of ICT related training for the stuff
- Logging of incidents in an accurate and informative manner as and when they occur.
- Work with various functional heads in supporting and developing identified business essential technologies.
- Perform security vulnerability checks against organization systems and carry out remediation tasks
- Conducting security audits and making policy recommendations
- Create and maintain an ICT configuration database for both hardware and software.
- In coordination with IT Administrator, ensure critical data is being backed up
- Assist in daily monitoring of ICT systems and respond quickly to any service or security concerns
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Keep abreast of technological developments, current initiatives, and changes in ICT and appraise the management accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or any other related field.
- Have 3+ years of working experience in Windows operating systems in a busy environment
- Ability to manage Active Directory environment
- Working with network security equipment
- Ability to manage enterprise databases on RDBMS like MS SQL Server.
- Ability to secure installations
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
Good To Have:
- Microsoft Certified Engineer
- Linux Certified Systems Administrator
- Cyber Security Certification
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
Looking to sharpen your Network Security skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for more information