Drive Excellence in Technology Innovation in Africa.
The Senior iOS Developer will be responsible for developing applications for mobile devices powered by Apple’s iOS operating system. Ideally, a good Senior iOS Developer is proficient with one of the two programming languages for this platform: Objective-C or Swift.
The ideal candidate is a candidate focused on developing and delivering a product that is centred around a great customer experience. Someone who will not only design and create the applications but also install them and monitor them for updates to ensure that they continue to work smoothly.
- Strategy, Planning & Execution.
- Design, build and maintain an efficient scalable mobile app.
- Build Reusable Code and Library for Future Use.
- Developing features for new requirements and functionality across iOS mobile app platforms using Objective-C and Swift.
- Maintaining and growing the mobile app platform’s API library. Includes updating APIs and creating new APIs as needed.
- Triaging and correcting mobile app defects.
- Reviewing and translating business requirements/user stories into development requirements in coordination with Scrum Team activities/procedures.
- Participating in Scrum Team design review meetings to establish designs and approaches for user stories and requirements.
- Participating in Tech Review meetings with development team members to define technical approaches for established stories/designs.
- Troubleshooting issues reported by users to correct application and API defects/anomalies.
- Designing, developing, and testing software to meet requirements and design specifications in accordance with development standards and procedures.
- Participate in code reviews and training programs.
- Maintaining automated deployment/build procedures and mobile app distribution procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Experience as an iOS mobile app developer.
- Experience developing iOS applications (Swift & Objective-C experience required).
- Experience delivering a product that is centred around great customer experience.
- Experience creating and maintaining APIs/web services.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients as well as internal teams.
- Experience working with git-based source control on a development team.
- Experience with offline databases (i.e., Realm).
- Good understanding of UI/UX design & prototyping.
- Knowledge of Transforming UI/UX designs to working mock-up applications.
- Development of mobile applications and related services.
- Testing of mobile applications and related services.
- Debugging of mobile applications and related services.
- Documenting and monitoring mobile applications and related services.
- Good understanding of RESTful API.
- Good understanding of Graph QL.
- Good understanding of MVVM or MVI architecture patterns.
- Good understanding of Live data handling.
- Good understanding of Data persistence.
Are you looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started